Thread: Help and Advice appreciated

SCFurr Guest

Question Help and Advice appreciated

We are retired and moving to a new house and want a very nice leather sofa. I am totally new to buying quality leather and just discovered this site which is quite helpful. I am looking at the Hancock and Moore Town and Country line, which you seem to recommend, specifically the 1724 Journey, the 5261 Rugby or the Ashmore sofas. I am 5'6", my husband is 6'1". You stated to another member that the Journey is a deep sitting sofa. Would you advise this one for us? We actually will not spend a lot of time on the sofa because we both have comfortable chairs that we are taking with us. So the sofa will be for looks and guests.

Could you give me pricing for these items in your store? My budget is around $3500 to 4500. Do you have other recommendations for us? There are no children at home, only one very old dog and two grandchildren who visit and spill things occasionally, although I plan to try and keep them off of the leather with food and drink.

Leather color is not critical as long as it is not very, very dark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by SCFurr; 07-30-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Put wrong figures in there

Default Re: Help and Advice appreciated

Hancock and Moore requests I don't publish pricing on the forum, so I do that via Private Messages, email, or telephone. The cover selected will affect the price considerably. General price range on the sofas is $ 3K to $ 5K on most. If comfort is not a priority, then buy one on style and form!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SCFurr Guest

Thank you for the prompt response. I actually picked the Journey style before I read that you consider it one of the most comfortable sofas. Now I am struggling with picking the leather. There are way too many choices. I did find your list of HM leathers with your preferences so I will start there. Wonderful forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Hancock and Moore requests I don't publish pricing on the forum, so I do that via Private Messages, email, or telephone. The cover selected will affect the price considerably. General price range on the sofas is $ 3K to $ 5K on most. If comfort is not a priority, then buy one on style and form!

You have to have samples to select a leather, its nearly impossible to make a good choice off photos alone. Best way to select hides is to review forum information and photos - then go to the H&M website and look at the photo swatches, then send an email or Private Message to me with a list of 10 to 12 leathers you would like samples for. I will order them and they will show up in your mailbox a few days later.

Note that today is the last day I can order samples until I return from vacation on August 14th.
    Duane Collie

SCFurr Guest

I thought that you had already left and sent my sample request via email. Your efficient sales office has them in the mail. Enjoy your vacation.

I don't know when to quit.....

Still at the store, but leaving out tomorrow!
    Duane Collie