Thread: Reclining Leather Sofa Advice

zman1974 Guest

Default Reclining Leather Sofa Advice

We currently have a Lane leather 96" leather sofa that does not recline. It's pretty much shot (got it for $75.00 lightly used, though). Started looking at various brands that I thought were good until I reached this forum, and now I'm totally at a loss as to what to do. Here are the particulars of our situation and budget:

This leather reclining sofa will be the primary seating in our townhome (live in Fort Myers, FL). We are big into home theater, but really can't do home theater seating as I like to lay down on the couch (it's what I am doing right now). Don't really want to give that feature up so I feel that a reclining sofa will be the best of both worlds. 96" is the absolute max in width. Budget is $1,500 to $2,000.

I was considering Palliser, Lattitudes by Flexsteel, and BarcaLounger but now I am not so sure. Any alternative brand recommendations or advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim

Default Re: Reclining Leather Sofa Advice

912 series by Bradington Young. Its going to take you over budget somewhat....but its not going to break and become junk, either.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

McDarte Guest

Not sure if this is the right thread or not. We were seriously considering the Flexsteel Latitudes Dylan set. We loved the look and feel of the reclining sofa and love seat in the Molasses color.
    Then I started a deeper review online and came across this site. It sounds like they don't use 5/4" hardwoods or 8 way hand tied springs. cost of both the reclining sofa and love seat was going to be
    $3775. Seems high to me. What would be comparable to that line? I like the reclining feature, pillow type armrests, & fully covered foot rests.

Good heavens no - they don't use solid hardwoods in the frame in Flexsteel, not even the USA made stuff (Lattitudes is 100% made in China). They are a plywood framed company - as are most these days.

Flexsteel has never used a traditional 8-way hand-tied suspension, they use an exclusive torsion spring that is always painted blue.

There are no makers that use 8-ways on their motion pieces - it can't be done because of the motion mechanisms. Only stationary seats can have 8-way hand-tied units.

$ 3,775 is not particularly high for a reclining sofa and loveseat combo. That's actually low to mid-range in price.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.