Howdy,

I have a BY 4114 leather recliner we purchased in 1992 from an interior decorating company that has since gone out of business. The reclining mechanism is finally completely broken; it actually took its time, and I feel pretty good about the longevity. Additionally, several of the seat tension springs have broken, and/or the hogrings (is that the correct term?), and I need new back and seat cushions. I have been trying to contact BY through their published customer service number. I've had no luck reaching a representative directly, and I have left two voicemails asking to have my call returned. So far, no response. I actually found the original receipt, and I believe everything is covered under the original warranty, but it won't do me any good if I can't reach anyone at the company. Any ideas on reaching customer support would be appreciated. Also, I'm pretty confident I can replace the reclining mechanism and cushions, but I'm a little unsure about installing the tension springs for the seat. Is this something I can do myself, and is there a special tool or pliers I need to look for?

Thanks,

Ron