Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Vacations

Default Summer Vacations

Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles, Taylor King and a host of other companies are all closed this coming week July 2nd through July 6th for summer vacation. They will re-open on Monday, July 9th. During this time it won't be possible to check on order status, covers, or customization projects.

On another note, I am taking 2 weeks off beginning August 1st and going through and including August 13th. I plan to be back in the store on the 14th with a severe case of jet lag <g>. I am taking my family to Europe, which none of us have ever been to. It will be an exciting adventure, and at 58 years of age, its time for me (and my wife) to see that side of the world. Our 21 and 18-year-old children are going as well. We will be starting in Rome and then doing a 10 day cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox to ports in Italy, several Greek Islands, and a stop in Turkey. While I'm gone, I plan to hire Kyle, a college kid home for the summer, to run the store on selected days (probably Thursday-Friday-Saturday only) for the two weeks I'm gone. He will have basic training, but obviously not advanced knowledge skills. Kyle will be able to check order status, schedule local deliveries, and do basic price quotes.

I hate to leave my store for so long, but on the other hand sometimes you just have to ! GO ! or the world and Father Time will just pass you by!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Summer Vacations

Wow, have a blast Duane! You've certainly earned it. I've never been to any Greek islands or Turkey but was just recently in Italy. A quick scan of their cruises looks like you'll be hitting Naples and parts of Sicily. Very exciting places, and not as touristed as Rome or Venice. Absolultely fantastic food (coffee, ice cream, pastries, cheese, etc.) although the landscape, and the streets, are a bit rougher than in the north. One thing you'll have to look hard for, if you're looking at all, is furniture stores! They are not located near tourist areas.

I have absolutely no intention of setting foot in a furniture store in Italy! lol.
    Duane Collie

You might get a kick out of this sign I spotted on a reupholsterery shop's front door.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-26_08-52-03.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	3773

Very smart decision Duane. My father waited until he retired and then never got the chance. I learned to take time to live and enjoy life!

native Guest

Go enjoy yourself Duane. You know better than most the precious gift that time is and that life should be lived to the fullest.

Judyg951 Guest

Have a wonderful trip. Nothing is more important than spending time with your family. Seeing the world with them will be a great experience for all of you and taking the time to go while they are stil living at home is so worth it.

Quick Update:

While on vacation, I will not have email access or really forum access for that matter. We will be on a ship most the time and I'm not paying their wi-fi rates!

I am going to close the store on SUN-MON-TUES-WED the first two weeks in August. I will have a temporary part-timer in the store, one of the young men who does deliveries for me, THURS-FRIDAYS-SATURDAYS. His name is Bryce, and he's a college student. He will have a very rudimentary knowledge of things and do the best he can while I'm not here, but should you call him or need a price quote, etc., please be patient and know that he's not used to working with the items like I am. He'll do the best he can, but may make mistakes on price quotes and the like (they will be non-binding and subject to revision if a large error is made). Mostly he will be here to coordinate local deliveries and walk-ins to the store.

Store will be open August 2 / 3 /4 , and then August 9 / 10 / 11 with Bryce here.

I will return on August 14th.

Thank you!
    Duane Collie

Judyg951 Guest

Duane, You are NOT supposed to check your email or the forum while you are on vacation. Go and have a wonderful time. That's all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg951 View Post
    Duane, You are NOT supposed to check your email or the forum while you are on vacation. Go and have a wonderful time. That's all you need.
    I fret over the store...lol.

I'm glad Aaron is here to take care of the spammers that most of you never see because we delete them quickly. THANK YOU AARON, as always...he helps me considerably making this forum a good place.
    Duane Collie