Hi Duane and Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day everyone! We are starting from scratch to furnish our home, so first comes the family room. It is 19' X 14' and is open to 25' X 14' kitchen. There is a gas fireplace and shorter wall with entrance to the family room on the two 14' walls. One 19' wall has a big window other wall is a full length solid wall abuts the entrance. Before I confuse you any further here are the photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	3924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0511.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	3923

Some more measurements:

Length of the shorter wall: 9.5'
Width of the window: 6.5'
Width of the brick wall with the fireplace: 6.4'

We are going to have a 60" Panasonic Plasma in this room. There are two options for that, one is to mount it on the fireplace or to mount it or have it on a stand on the full length wall abutting the entrance. The existing mantle on the fireplace can be removed easily and TV can be mounted at a height that can be comfortable, but we need a new mantle to conceal the wiring and some bricks need to be drilled in to. We are not sure about if the bricks can be repaired later, if we decide couple of years later that we do not want TV there. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to do that many changes for the TV. If that is somehow an ideal place for TV in regards with the furniture placement, we can get that done I think. I keep going back to the TV on fireplace thing because, I want the fireplace to be focal point of the room, if TV is on the other wall, it feels like there will be two focal points. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated. It sure is a real bottleneck to think about the furniture.

We have decided on the Hancock and Moore Leather for this area. We don't need super deep as we are 5' 8" (180) and 5' 4" (130) and definitely need some what firm back and at the same time this is our lounging area. We are thinking of around $3000 per sofa and can be flexible. I am thinking of couple of scenarios:

1. Two sofas flanking the fireplace with ottoman in between.
2. Sectional abutting the window wall and the short wall with ottoman and may be another chair

suggestions on any other arrangements is greatly appreciated. Come to leather, we definitely do not want Document leather. I greatly appreciate any suggestions about the color that goes with our floors and decor in grade 2 and grade 3 leathers. I guess we could change the wall coverings, may be to show off that nice crown moldings especially but thats not of a priority right now. I am sorry its such a long post. Love to hear what everybody else think.