Thread: H&M Austin Tilt back and ottoman

habs88 Guest

Default H&M Austin Tilt back and ottoman

Found one more I am considering. Looks to be in good condition. Not sure what leather that is. Seller is asking $900.

Any comments?

http://twintiers.craigslist.org/fuo/3223046712.html

hglaber Guest

Default Re: H&M Austin Tilt back and ottoman

Sorry for the slight tangent, but I never get tired of the comic value to be had from Craigslist photos. This one is quite nice - almost exactly half in full sun and almost exactly half in deep shade, so the point-and-shoot in AUTO mode sets the exposure smack in between the two, ensuring neither half is properly exposed. Brilliant!

Still, what you can see looks pretty good. Is that a green variant of Document?

habs88 Guest

Yeah i know. The picture sucks. lol. The cushion cores look pretty full for the austin. Seller says its 6 years old. I am thinking its document sage leather but will call tonight to confirm. Seller has all original receipts.

I'm 90% certain that's Document. That's a hard color to sell, you should be able to pick it up for $ 600 for the chair and ottoman, most people want brown in a chair like that. Make sure the gas strut works and the chairs comes back up on switch release.
    Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

habs88 Guest

I got it got for 400. Looks better in person. The leather is antelope olive which was a nice surprise. The only issue is chair won't return upright without help. Holds position in decline so I think I just need a gas strut? I will have to find someone local to replace it. Very comfy chair.

Nice! The gas strut is only $ 50 + $ 7 for shipping. You can call me at the store if you want me to order one for you (or do it via PM). When you get the strut, RESIST the urge to see if it works. Do not remove the safety plugs until its installed in the chair. I have a lot of customers that do that even though I tell them not to...and the strut is ruined when you release it and its not in the chair then you have to buy another one.

There are only two clips that hold the strut in the seat back area. They guys at H&M can do it through the crack in the seat in about 3 minutes. For the rest of us mere mortals, it requires taking off the outer seat back to see what you are doing. An upholster that comes to your home can do the whole job in 30 to 40 minutes, that's easy for them.

You got a great deal. That's over $ 3K in GR 4 leather when new for the chair and ottoman.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.