Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experience with Southern Motion recliners?

ritabeasley Guest

Default Re: Any experience with Southern Motion recliners?

hi. I HAVE 3 SOUTHERN MOTION RECLINERS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY. HAVE 2 OTHERS THAT I PAID OVER $300 EACH THAT ARE MUCH CHEAPER MADE THAN SMC'S.. I DO HAVE TO SAY I DID WORK FOR THEM FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND RETIRED FROM THERE 3 YEARS AGO NOT LONG AFTER THE "NEW GUYS" CAME IN. I AM PLANNING ON BUYING 2 MORE SOUTHERN MOTION RECLINERS WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS. THEY ARE VERY WELL MADE.

aerospacer1 Guest

I'm thinking about buying the Fandango by Southern Motion. It looks nice. Will it hold up? I'm a single guy who lives in an apartment. I'm looking at the Fandango reclining sofa and rocker recliner chair. Or should I buy a real leather sofa at Value City??

Applegator Guest

We've been happy so far with our Southern Motion reclining sofa. But I've learned leather furniture and cats should not be mixed! Since I love cats and will always have them this is going to be our one and only leather sofa! Next time, it will be a fabric sofa!

Marjflowers Guest

I'm lucky, I guess. I have two cats -- one is declawed, and the other is trained to have his claws trimmed. My leather sofa shows some scratches from where their back claws dig in as they launch themselves up or down, but they are small -- not the long gashes made by a cat sharpening its front claws. But because the leather is dark (navy) and it's a painted leather, the scratches do show up lighter than the finish. I've just ordered a leather recliner, and I went with an aniline, so that the inevitable small scratches won't be so noticeable. As a test, I made some deep scratches with a knife into the leather sample, and while it is slightly visible, it's really not too bad. All in all, I think it's a good balance of my need to have my kitties and my desire to have leather furniture. A good compromise, I hope.

Applegator Guest

My cat does not sharpen her claws on the leather couch. She is good about using her scratch posts. We have a large dog that chases the cat and the leather gets accidently scratched when the cat is attempting to get to higher ground to get away from the dog and loses her balance. Otherwise the cat is happy to lay in my lap or sit right next to me on the couch. Because we have and love both cats and dogs leather is not a good option for us. If it were not for our cat chasing dog, the leather couch and the cat would be just fine!!