The recliner was returned a week ago March 2013. The chair had the defective leather replaced. This process started last year Feb. 2012 with the repair of the leather on the foot rest. The repair failed since the white spots appeared back within a few months. The leather color was also wearing off on other places of the chair, which is why the chair was sent back to H&M in Sept 2012. I had to remain vigilant and pursued getting the chair fixed. I was told the wearing of the leather was due to the customer but the leather color also was wearing off on a location where the cushion contacted the chair so it has nothing to do with cleaning, chemicals or skin oil. In my opinion the leather was defective. I have not owned a leather jacket, shoe, car seat or leather furniture that this happened too. Maybe the leather is processed differently but for furniture which gets used by human being daily it should not deteriorate this quickly especially for something that is this expensive. From my understanding this has happened to others in the past but is not common. The chair looks like new I’m pleased and hope the chair holds up. This should not have taken 6 months to make it right.