Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Diesel Truck Emissions

harland Guest

Default Re: New Diesel Truck Emissions

Quote Originally Posted by cuse69 View Post
    I purchased the 55VT60. I could not see any difference in PQ between the VT and the ZT in the store environment and the price comparison of a 60VT60 was almost 25% less than the ZT (and the ZT was not offered in 55in., my first choice in size). The ZT will be the new gold standard that replaces the KURO. Luckily I have a great Pioneer Elite Pro (the predecessor to the KURO) and now a new VT60.
    The VT and the ZT sets are incredibly hard to tell apart. Aside from *maybe* some more detail in shadowy scenes, I'd say you're right, they're virtually indistinguishable. Right now, though, the price differential between the VT and ZT series is so small that it's hard not to spring for the pricier panel...

One thing that has suprised me, though, is the Netflix smart app on the TV. The HD quality is absolutely fantastic - almost like watching it off a Blu-ray... almost.

I set up mine today with some help from my salesman/tech from Magnolia/BB. I have a B&W Panorama 2 sound bar for the audio. Sound is great but the B&W is misbehaving with the HDMI switching. It is not turning off when the signal goes off and has just shut off by itself while in use. I will check with my expert about the settings but I suspect I may have an issue with the sound bar. It may have to go back and be replaced with a Martin Logan or Yamaha YSP unit. We chose the B&W for good sound and strong base even without a sub. My wife may have to give in and accept a sub with another brand. That was a definite strength of the Pioneer, it had a pair of outboard vertical stereo speaker bars mounted on the ends of the screen giving solid sound, unlike today's panels.

Actually my VT cost less out the door than the ST that was nearly sold out, and while there was no direct comparison with the ZT due to size (55 vs 60/65) the 60 inch VT was $500 less than the ZT. Enough to make a difference for me.
    Last edited by cuse69; 01-09-2014 at 10:05 PM.

harland Guest

I have a B&W Panorama 2 sound bar for the audio. Sound is great but the B&W is misbehaving with the HDMI switching. It is not turning off when the signal goes off and has just shut off by itself while in use. I will check with my expert about the settings but I suspect I may have an issue with the sound bar. It may have to go back and be replaced with a Martin Logan or Yamaha YSP unit.
    It could be a bad cable too or a misbehaving source. Try disconnecting inputs until you find the culprit or starting with minimal connections and add to the soundbar one at a time. My TV is connected through the ARC HDMI port to an OPPO BDP-103 which is then connected to my stereo. I don't mind the built-in speakers for normal TV viewing. The stereo pulls double duty for movies and music.

For the price of the soundbar, you can get a very decent 2 channel + subwoofer setup. Granted, it's not as clean looking as a soundbar + TV so the wife acceptance factor may be low. My wife actually would prefer if we had a multichannel system, but I'm a stereo guy through and through and would rather listen to music than watch movies.

Actually I have a very nice 5.1 system in the basement setup with KEF reference speakers and Marantz power. It was banished to the lower floor by my wife who wants simple, clean, uncluttered and dislikes good subs. Also I have a whole house audio system with built in speakers in 5 locations and local volume control powered by a big Adcom amp and preamp that I can use for her elevator music. I should be selling equipment rather than buying more, but we all have our collections and vices.

harland Guest

Actually I have a very nice 5.1 system in the basement setup with KEF reference speakers and Marantz power. It was banished to the lower floor by my wife who wants simple, clean, uncluttered and dislikes good subs.
    Now that's a real shame! I've got a Vandersteen / Ayre setup in the basement. Nothing else for the rest of the house except a little Squeezebox Internet Radio in the kitchen. The stereo needs to stay in the basement anyway since I tend to listen to music at levels just a bit louder than my significant other can tolerate...

I should be selling equipment rather than buying more, but we all have our collections and vices.
    Speaking of which - I've heard good things about the KEF LS50... not that you need speakers, just a passing mention. I'm trying to buy more music now instead of getting more hardware, though that resolution hasn't panned out lately.

By the way - are you interested in headphones? I only ask because a group of audio / headphone enthusiasts are meeting next weekend at the George Mason Regional Library in Fairfax. The more the merrier!

Actually headphones are not my thing. I never felt comfortable for more the 30 minutes wearing them. I admit that a good pair does indeed give a uniquely wonderful audio experience.

Looks like the B&W is working as intended now. Even the WAF is reaching new highs. Watched Les Miserables blue ray last night and the sounds were pretty nice.