Thread: H&M Author Chair - will tufted back soften?

anaye Guest

Default H&M Author Chair - will tufted back soften?

I have been looking for a chair similar to the H&M Author Chair, with the rounded tufted back, for quite a while.

So when one of our not so local dealers said he would order one for his showroom for us to try I was very excited. Six months later he finally calls and says it's in. We drove to the showroom yesterday, and I have to say this is one BEAUTIFUL looking chair in the Weston Cane Burnished leather. The problem was that the tufted back was so stiff, it felt lumpy and my back hurt after sitting in it for a while. I have had lower back pains for the last couple years and that was why I was specifically looking for this type of chair was for the support. I've sat in similar chairs in the past and if they actually fit me (I'm 6'2") they can be the most comfortable chair.

So my question is to anyone who has an Author chair or similar tufted back chairs or couches, will the tufted back soften up much over time?
    The dealer said probbaly not, but he wasn't very knowledgeable.

MJM_CA Guest

Default Re: H&M Author Chair - will tufted back soften?

I've had the Saunders Lounger for about 6 months. I haven't noticed the tufted back getting appreciably softer. It is firm support.

MJM_CA,

How do you like the Saunders so far? Does it have good back support for you? I like that it is less deep than the Author, and the back appears to be less curved. I prefer a firm back that sits upright when not reclining. I'm the type that has my car seat straight up and down and not leaning back when I drive.

MJM_CA Guest

^ I like the Saunders recliner a lot, especially the way it looks. It does have firm back support and sits well upright. My only issue is when reclined, your head leans too far back to see the TV comfortably. I prop my head up with a small pillow. If you don't want the recliner they do have a swivel glider model (but I like the feet on the recliner - makes the chair look better IMO).

Here is a thread I posted with some pictures (click on the pictures for a bigger view):
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-in-Ryan-Taupe

Thanks for the review. The Ryan Taupe looks great. Nice to see color choices other than brown.