Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Choosing and Customizing a Sofa

Stealthq Guest

Default Re: Help Choosing and Customizing a Sofa

That is probably what I will do - if I don't decide to go in a totally different direction between now and ordering . You know how it is. When I'm really drawn to something like this I always regret talking myself into taking the 'safer' or cheaper route (in this case, both). At least with a CFA I would know I had given it every chance to work.

its pretty much a no-risk way to do it, other than it extends your time of delivery somewhat.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi, Since this thread exists, I’ll post my thought about customizing here.

I had asked about adding two inches to
    Sundance 4716 and 4717.

I can’t quite get past how much I love the Sundance Sectional and the reservation I have is mainly that because of the curve (which I love and is inherent to the design and the symmetry which I realize could work in my room.) ...the corner, which is on a typical right angle, boxy sectional, the coziest (to me) one on the sofa, is, in fact, per owners on this forum, the shallowest seat on the sectional.

I don’t know if this is possible and doubt I’m the first person to ask, but I have been fiddling around with sketching and see that if the angle of the curve were wider, the corner seat could be deeper, it would still be very curved, perhaps slightly more so.

I thought it would be a lot more modifying till I went back to Hancock and Moore’s Sundance Sectional Sketch which is on their website. I know you said it is outdated and it IS difficult to understand the dimensions, but it’s just very bare bones, without the padding and gives a general idea of the configuration, though not dimensions that are easy to comprehend.

I’d like to either post, once I clean up the drawings or I’ll fax them to you, I believe your fax number is on the Keeping Room’s Site.

My idea is not a radical departure, it widens that corner angle, thus making the corner seat deeper/ larger and would still allow for all the curves.. my hope is that it would not be too much of a customization as to make it out of reach. It makes the Sectional a bit more of a semicircle from the front, which is fine, great for my room.

I know you won’t be able to get in touch with Hancock and Moore till next week, but this was one of those 3 .m. Artistic musings which is either beyond beyond...or will make the Sundance Sectional the perfect Sectional for me. I’m wishing, hoping it’s the latter.

I know you may not have a clue as to what I mean until,you see my sketch. My old “studio” is covered with paper and ink and colored pencils and a ruler, I was wishing I had my old computer with Corel on it! We desgned Tibetan carpets that way on it, bit these scribblings will have to suffice.

To follow....Monica

Discussed with you via phone call.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.