Thread: Flexsteel Thornton Fabric Sectional Info

bshonbeck Guest

Default Flexsteel Thornton Fabric Sectional Info

I really appreciate the info I received here so I thought I could offer some small return.

My wife and I recently started the search for a new sectional to replace a 12 year old sofa/loveseat combo. The kids are gone so we were looking for a mid-priced unit with a max height of 38" (it sits in front of a picture window) which pretty much ruled out recliners. This meant we were looking for a non-motion sectional with ottomans. We nearly ended up with a La-z-boy Collins but thanks to this and other sites, backed out before it was too late. The Collins was going to be $3200 for 6 pieces (2 ottomans, sofa, love seat, armless chair, round corner). We noticed that the arms were poorly padded with the underlying frame boards poking through the thin padding.

In the end we purchased a Flexsteel Thornton for $4225 with grade B fabric and an upgrade of the cushions to their Plush lifetime warranty cushions. Given our rural location, this was the best sectional we could get where we could sit on an actual unit within an hour's drive. For this price we got two ottomans, sectional sofa, sectional love seat and sectional round corner (L shaped). I wish we had access to the great lineup of manufacturers that the Dr sells but such is the life in the woods! We wanted to get a Made In USA unit and were assured that this set was.

Anyway, when it arrives (6 - 8 weeks), I will post an update as to its initial quality.

Default Re: Flexsteel Thornton Fabric Sectional Info

Excellent! Glad you were able to use the info here to make an informed purchase, that's what its all about. Flexsteel has three USA plants, one in Iowa, one in Mississippi, and one in Pennsylvania. So it will come from one of those facilities. (their Seven Seas line is 100 % made in China). I think you will find it to be a durable set. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

alexv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Excellent! Glad you were able to use the info here to make an informed purchase, that's what its all about. Flexsteel has three USA plants, one in Iowa, one in Mississippi, and one in Pennsylvania. So it will come from one of those facilities. (their Seven Seas line is 100 % made in China). I think you will find it to be a durable set. Good luck!
    drcollie, I am considering purchasing the Thornton Fabric Sectional. They have a piece that I can't find in other manufacturers. I am wondering if Thornton is still being manufactured in the US, or have they moved it to China? I want US made. Also, I have seen some bad comments about the leather used by Flexsteel. Is the fabric better?

alexv Guest

can you post how the sectional is performing? Are you happy with it?

I am not a Flexsteel dealer - you would need to contact them for specifics. For leather info, read this thread - I have no idea what the are using on each product they make:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-FORUM-lt-READ
    Duane Collie

alexv Guest

That is a COMPLETE thread about the leather. Wow, it's great.

Are you aware whether Flexsteel has improved their QC on the china manufacturers, and where I can find the place of manufacturing for particular line? I am looking at Thornton and am curious where the sectionals are manufactured. Any help would be great.

Sorry, I can only comment in detail on products that I carry. It would be a full-time job to know the particulars of every maker in the business, and its outside the scope of this forum to be that extensive. Again, contact the manufacturer for detailed product info.
    Duane Collie