Thread: Letter from Hancock and Moore

Default Letter from Hancock and Moore

I thought I'd share this letter from Jack Glasheen, CEO of H&M with everyone here on the forum - its not often one gets many 'thank you' letters from suppliers in the business.

What I do in volume is peanuts next to the big guys, but I'm building steam and try to work hard at doing the best I can for everyone in aggressive pricing, honest service, and having a good working knowledge of the product. I believe in the Hancock and Moore brand and think they offer the best product in the industry at fair prices.

Most of all, THANK YOU to the many here that have placed your trust in me for your orders. Without you, I would not get letters like this or have doubled my numbers in H&M from the prior year. Many stores are going under right now, but I've trimmed out the fat and run as lean as possible. I'm still a 1-man operation, so please bear with me if I don't get the phone and you have to leave a voice mail (I will call you back!) Sometimes the phones area all going at once. Margins are too low and profits too thin to hire and train someone to assist me, and right now I think its important to hold the line on pricing in this economic climate.

I'm keeping a set of books at my home so I can get quotes and answers to your questions after work when I check the forum and email in the evening, which will make replies even quicker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAAAA.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	127  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane

Very Nice and well deserved. Now you need to negotiate some additional volume discounts with the H&M sales department and you can expand your business to new levels again in 2009.

By the way, did anyone from the forum have any luck in the free chair promotion from H&M? Have not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cuse69 View Post
    Duane

Very Nice and well deserved. Now you need to negotiate some additional volume discounts with the H&M sales department and you can expand your business to new levels again in 2009.

By the way, did anyone from the forum have any luck in the free chair promotion from H&M? Have not heard anything.
    Hi Larry,

That's the beauty of H&M, they have a 1-price policy for all dealers regardless of size, so I can buy at the same level as the big stores. It means I can get right to the basement on price points with them as a small dealer. When I did that order for The White House in 2007, I thought for sure I could get a little off for that order (72 pieces of H&M going to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave), but no....not a dime. Jack G. believes firmly that all dealers should have a level playing field, so there are no additional discounts to be had.

I did ask about the Christmas Giveaway and two ladies each won a chair. H&M was supposed to do an email to all that entered with the names of the winners but I've not seen it yet. They told me the winners were very excited, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.