Thread: Why I like Sun Delivery

Default Why I like Sun Delivery

Just one of the reasons I use them exclusively...you won't get two hungover and smelly bar brawlers missing a few teeth showing up in a dirty old truck with your new purchase. This photo from a delivery last week taken by a customer. The Sun Delivery guys are always uniformed and happy, and do a good job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sun.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	4095  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

hglaber Guest

Default Re: Why I like Sun Delivery

Kinda funny you would say that. When my pieces were delivered, I had a six pack of Bell's Oberon in the fridge I had for a friend. He only drank one. I asked them if they were beer drinkers (I am not) and they said they were so I offered to give it to them for wherever they stop for the night. They thanked me but said they would never keep beer in their truck, even clearly sealed, non-recloseable containers. It's allowed under CDL rules, but they wouldn't touch it. I gave them each a glass of lemonade instead, although they didn't finish them because, while they were perfectly polite and never rushed me, they clearly had a schedule and intended to keep it.

Fastest way to lose your CDL license (and your job) is to have alcohol or drugs in the truck. Even a Radar Detector in a Commercial Truck is a serious offense. The rules for heavy trucks are much more strict than for regular car drivers. Tell you what, if you ever want to see a delivery team do backflips in your driveway, give them a gift card to the Outback Steak House for $ 30 as a tip. That makes their whole day and for some reason has more impact than if you hand them cash....they WILL find the Outback along their route (gives them something to do while traveling to their next stop).
    Duane Collie

BevoGal Guest

Duane, when delivering in Texas, is this company also available? Or is it just up in your area?

Yes, Sun Delivery is my choice for 48 state USA delivery - they go to any address in the country.
    Duane Collie

Judyg951 Guest

They now have my order, but due to a planned trip the pieces will have to sit in their where house for a week or so until we return. I was hoping they would get here before I leave, but I don't think it's going to happen.