Thread: new leather reclining sofa and love seat

chappy12744 Guest

Default new leather reclining sofa and love seat

I am not looking for cheap, or expensive.
    I hear of Flexsteel Lattitude being made in China.

What other makes would be in the price of 1800. for the sofa.
    I don't need anything that will last 30 yrs, my wife likes new stuff every 10-12 yrs anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chappy12744 View Post
    I am not looking for cheap, or expensive.
    I hear of Flexsteel Lattitude being made in China.

What other makes would be in the price of 1800. for the sofa.
    I don't need anything that will last 30 yrs, my wife likes new stuff every 10-12 yrs anyway!!!
    Flexsteel Lattitude series IS 100% made in China. The first American to look at it is the dealer who unpacks it from the Chinese cardboard and all the little silica-gel 'do not eat' packets fall out from the piece.

The regular collection is made in the USA, most of it in Georgia or Mississippi.

Flexsteel motion sofas are "Joe The Plumber" pieces. They're sturdy, strong, and durable. They are not going to win any awards for fine tailoring or the Art of Upholstery. However, they use high quality spring steel for support, decent cushions and good mechanisms. I think you can reasonably expect 10 years from one and they should be in your price range.

It won't pay to price shop Flexsteel out of your local area. They ship the goods on the Flexsteel truck and will not ship into another dealers territory on a drop ship. To reship it means a double dip on freight and most likely will negate any savings.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Suzzanne Guest

Default Re: new leather reclining sofa and love seat

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Flexsteel Lattitude series IS 100% made in China. The first American to look at it is the dealer who unpacks it from the Chinese cardboard and all the little silica-gel 'do not eat' packets fall out from the piece.

The regular collection is made in the USA, most of it in Georgia or Mississippi.

Flexsteel motion sofas are "Joe The Plumber" pieces. They're sturdy, strong, and durable. They are not going to win any awards for fine tailoring or the Art of Upholstery. However, they use high quality spring steel for support, decent cushions and good mechanisms. I think you can reasonably expect 10 years from one and they should be in your price range.

It won't pay to price shop Flexsteel out of your local area. They ship the goods on the Flexsteel truck and will not ship into another dealers territory on a drop ship. To reship it means a double dip on freight and most likely will negate any savings.
    Do you rate Flexsteel above Palliser, Omnia, and Klaussner?

Default Re: new leather reclining sofa and love seat

I don't do ratings, sorry. One has to have an intimate knowledge of the build structure of each piece, which means at the minimum a tour of their production facility to see how they are made. Only then can you really rate a piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.