Thread: All wood beds

chase Guest

Default All wood beds

We are furnishing a new house with a number of bedrooms. It seems most bedroom furniture we have looked at in a price range we can afford is either made in China, or is some type of MDF.
    I found two brands, Kincaid and Durham that are made in North America (Durham in Canada) that seemed nicely made, all wood beds. Of the two brands, we liked Durham better. Do you know anything about this brand, and do you have reasonable alternatives in the same price range. Queen beds complete with head and footboards and rails run around $950-$1200 each.
    Thank you for any help you can give.
    Chase

Default Re: All wood beds

I don't know those makers, perhaps someone else here can comment on theml?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

We've looked at both... of the two, I think Durham seems better made... We have at least two local "better furniture" retailers that carry Durham.

Hard to beat at those price points.... The next step up on quality is a big jump in price.. (Harden, etc..)

Riddle Guest

Welcome Chase!

When logged in, search for "Durham". There are several threads that mention it. At the time of those threads, it sounds like jerodsmorton and Briant75 also thought that Durham was decent for the price.

BevoGal Guest

You may want to look into Amish furniture. I have had three beautiful beds made by Amish Craftsman and they will last through my grandchildren and longer! The last one I had made was a queen, solid oak, with a non-toxic vintage finish and it was $1200. Now, it doesn't have intricate curves, but there are some available for more $$. I try to avoid any furniture made in China or made with MDF and formaldehyde, and I trust these Amish beds to fit the bill. See Amish Panel Bed 13 here: http://www.amishcraftsmanfurniture.c...hp?/panel-beds. It has a nice, non-mission look. The bed I had made is number 15, though I really wanted number 19 . It is for my son's room, so I went with simple and saved a bit.

BevoGal Guest

I should add, my master bed is not Amish, it is a Bernhardt king-sized sleigh bed bought on sale for $1200 before delivery. I bought that before I learned about furniture toxicity, etc. It is a beautiful bed, very impressive.