Thread: Hancock and Moore CAPRI leather

Default Hancock and Moore CAPRI leather

I unpacked a customer order today in the Austin High Back series and he opted to have everything covered in Grade IV 'Capri Bordeaux', one of H&M's top hides. I have to tell you, I handle about 500 pieces of leather furniture a year so it takes a lot to make me stop and really notice a hide, but this Capri was just spectacular. Imagine one of the largest sofas that Hancock and Moore makes in glove-soft leather - and when I pulled off the plastic overwrap the most delicious aroma of leather lingered around the piece until I recovered it and placed it in my delivery truck. I wanted to try it out, but was too hot and sweaty to sit on it!

If you ever want to really treat yourself, this is one of the leathers I can definitely recommend. Its not cheap, you're certainly going to pay for Capri, but it makes many of the other hides look like shoe leather in comparison. My next leather piece for my house is going to have to be Capri.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

k1collins Guest

I had just written to you re: leather firm cushion for a MS customer. We are looking at the Capri Birch. I just read this post from you and am feeling we have made at least one good selection.

todd_kachadoorian Guest

I am jealous!! My son and I so want the Austin High Back sofa but there is NO WAY that is fitting in our small family room with the matching loveseat (at least that is what the designer said. . . .)

Todd,

Fax me a scale drawing of your room if you want. 703-360-8835 (Fax).

The only way to tell for sure is to lay it out on a grid. AND make sure you have a 31" doorway opening or larger to get it in.

Here's another tip, rarely more than one person ever sits in a loveseat, so if you're really cramped for space, go to the Austin High Back Tilt Chair # 2038NB and 8131NB Ottoman instead. More comfortable than the Loveseat, and takes up less space.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Another option for the chair is the Austin 2232NB and the 8131NB ottoman.
    My wife did not want the look or size of the bustle back 2038NB and the 2232was a great compromise. It is 4 inches smaller in width. depth and height. We have this in Antelope Saddle and absolutely love the chair. I'm a big man and I fit well. She is a small woman and she loves sitting in the chair. The ottoman also serves as another informal seat when needed. We have the ultra down filled cores in the seat and back and gives a very soft feel, but the hide does look a bit loose in the seat area as the down gets crushed a little. You might like to try this and the regular foam cores before buying any H&M sofa or chair. I would be happy to upload pictures if anyone is interested.