I began looking at rugs recently, and I guess I was totally ignorant to how incredible they can be. Some of these rugs, and what goes into them is remarkable.

With that said, I think I have done a bad thing as now I want nothing more than a fine rug or 3..hah I know it is going to cost me(maybe my marriage at this point..lol) but I think it will be worth it. It is all I can think about at this point.

Looking around the forum I ran across these pics. Duane can you tell me more about this rug? I love it. I know it isn't for sale, but just curious as to some of the history on it? Do you have any personal favorites when it comes to regions(Turkey, Iraq, etc)?

I have this area in my front foyer/entry that I would love to find a small-ish rug to hang on the wall. I would also like to get a 6 x 9(or slightly bigger) for my dining table, and one for my living room. Although I will have to do them in stages.

I picked up this one I found on CL for the mean time as sort of a "placeholder". Nothing too spectacular. Hand made(Indian), probably about 15 years old, PERFECT condition, nice and soft. Ended up getting it for $400 for a 6 x 9, which I thought was inexpensive enough to use until I can find something truly spectacular. I want to take my time on buying a rug, and find something that really SPEAKS to me, so this will do well until then.