Thread: Trying to decide between 3 different HM sofas

Default Trying to decide between 3 different HM sofas

Hi Duane,

I'd like to inquire about three different HM sofas - - I need one for my family room to be a very sturdy piece that my family (with kids) will use on a daily basis. The three styles I'm considering are the Parisian 3-seater with one continuous seat cushion, the Evans or the Window Seater. Which of these do you think is stylistically the most versatile and comfortable for that type of use? Our decor is eclectic with different pieces we've collected around the world, and we want the room to feel warm and welcoming - not overly stiff. I'd love to hear your thoughts and would like to find out your pricing separately too. Also, I'd like a piece that's versatile and will look good whether we're living in the US or overseas in the future because I plan to keep this couch for many years to come.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Riddle Guest

Default Re: Trying to decide between 3 different HM sofas

If you are planning on moving much, I'd avoid anything over 90 inches. My mother had a sofa made that was a bit under 110" long. It caused no end of problems when trying to find housing - even in the US. The stories were funny later, but not so much at the time. Other countries typically have smaller living spaces unless one has a great deal of money to spend on housing.

The Parisian and Evans are classic styles. Unless you just love, love, love the Window Seat it may not stand the test of time stylistically. I prefer single cushions in fabric, but leather tend to stretch. If you want to go that direction, that's a factor to consider.

Those are three very different pieces. All H&M is built like a tank, so from a structural standpoint its not going to make any difference, except the large Window sofa is massive not only in length, but in depth. You may struggle getting that one in and out of many homes. Also, there are very - VERY few sofas at H&M that I find sit poorly - but that is one. I find the angles and pitch of that to make it noticeably uncomfortable.

The Evans is cozy, but the Parisian is more mainstream and roomier. With kids, you want an 'open' sofa moreso than a cozy one, so of the three I'd say the Parisian.

Prices are not posted in the forum, you can PM me for them but please select a leather grade for the quote as well as disclose the city/state/zip where its going to so I can do the delivery portion of the quote as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks for your inputs. I was also thinking the Window was too long, though it's my husband's favorite style. I'm ok with ruling that one out, though. I think Parisian is the best bet for many of the reasons you both listed. I'll follow up with a PM about location, leather, etc.