Duane, I appreciate your comments in this post and it is important for us as customers to be respectful and courteous to our local brick & mortar shops, and of anyone we are looking to do business with, including internet retailers. I hate paying taxes but the collecting of sales tax may help level the playing field, and I do take that into consideration shopping locally.

We started looking at furniture about a month ago. Started with Bassett, then we moved to Thomasville, Smith Brothers, Palliser, King Hickory and finally H&M, all at different furniture stores. I guessed we skipped BY, mostly because I ended up in your website. But I needed to find an H&M dealer to look at this line of furniture and even work up a price quote. And that's pretty much where it stands today. Now eventually I will thank him for showing the pieces and working with me, and either thanks or no thanks. Should I give him the opportunity to quote his best price or believe he has already done that? Which is what I typically believe. I hate buying a car for this reason. I will not mention any price you have provided, but weigh both considerations for their value, service and reputation. If the local B&M can provide a reasonable offer I will buy from him. I want to buy from him to support the local economy but not at unreasonable markups.

It’s difficult doing an internet business. You never meet me, I never met you. I would rather meet you face-to-face and ask you the questions I ask on this forum. That not possible, I read your reviews and testimonials, read your responses and advice given to me and others. I'm sure I know I lot more about you than you of me. From what I've read, I know you would like to meet your customers in person and help them, get to know them more than a sale. I imagine one reason for this forum was to do that. Not many internet retailers do what you are doing. Even more, you don't expect any of this advice and information to lead to a sale. You are trying to provide information to people, for us to make the best decision possible. Many will come to you and order for these reasons. Me being one of them.

Scott