Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Going to your local dealer then ordering long distance

Default Re: Going to your local dealer then ordering long distance

That is unfortunate! Any experienced retailer / dealer when they find out the client has some knowledge base should build upon that and continue to move the conversation forward. It demonstrates an educated buyer who is serious, so the sale is mostly completed at that point. If the dealer is getting beat up on price, they should explore accessories like nightstands and cocktail tables, give up some margin on that sofa and get it back on the other pieces!

Most people prefer to buy locally, so it’s not that difficult, however there are those than entrench and become defense. Once that happens, the customer is going to walk.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I was quite surprised at the reaction. I have never had that when shopping for anything much less expensive furniture. Until the designer reacted to my that way we were most likely going to continue to work with them.

Duane, you are supposed to be on vacation. Back to the beach with you!!! I hope you are having a nice relaxing trip. I know when it's your business it's hard to just close up, but just allow yourself time to rest and relax. Everything can and will wait until you return.

Maybe that Designer was having a bad day, one never knows. Some people react negatively as well when the customer knows more about the product line than they do. That can put them on the defensive as they can’t BS their way through things, they might get caught not being up to speed on a product line. Or they don’t want to bother with matching prices as it cuts too much into their commission. Who knows?

Lol, being at a beach vacation is like the movie “Groundhog Day”. Every day is the same….get up before sunrise, walk three miles on the beach, come back to the condo for a light breakfast, go to the pool aerobics class at 8:30, then go to the pool with a book, or an iPad. Lunch, then more beach, clean up, dinner out…..the back at sunset for a final short beach walk. Repeat. I could not do this for more than a week! But it’s cooler at Hilton Head Island than home in Northern Virginia. And the view from our balcony is pretty nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	15737
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-08-2023 at 11:07 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.