Thread: Cavalier Taupe

heather717 Guest

Default Cavalier Taupe

Wonderful forum!! I saw a while back where a lady asked if you thought the Cavalier Taupe was in the brown, grey, or yellow tones? You couldn't recall the color right at that moment, and I was wondering if you'd care to take another shot at it. It may go on an Austin sofa and tilt back chair. Also, do you think the Document Harness has orange tones? Thanks so much!

hglaber Guest

Default Re: Cavalier Taupe

It might be easier to just request some samples and see (feel, smell, etc) for yourself, in your own home, under your own lights, with your own eyes. They are free for the asking. Both Cavalier and Document are protected leathers, so the samples should be very good representations of the finished product color-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by hglaber View Post
    It might be easier to just request some samples and see (feel, smell, etc) for yourself, in your own home, under your own lights, with your own eyes. They are free for the asking. Both Cavalier and Document are protected leathers, so the samples should be very good representations of the finished product color-wise.
    Good advice! One should ALWAYS have leather samples in front of you, never buy off a photograph alone. If you're in a hurry to order, go ahead and place the order but request a Cutting For Approval which means that before production begins you will get an actual piece of the hides to be used on your furniture - and you have to approve them. Not in a hurry? Just PM or email me with 10 to 12 samples you would like to see (be sure to include your name and address - at least a third of the sample requests I get don't have that!) and I will get those to you free of charge.

Here's a photo off my sample swatch set of the Cavalier Taupe (right) and Document Harness (left). Now, one thing you have to be aware of with the Document Harness is that it has a high level of 'special effects' and is nearly a tri-tone leather. This can look pretty wild in a sofa, and some customers refer to it as 'splotchy'. If you are a registered member you can search the forum for specific leathers - I have photos of many here. Simply to to the search box and the top right and key in "Document Harness" and you will see photos of pieces in that leather. Note that if you are not signed in, then you get a Google Global Search for the term instead.

Attachment 4162
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

heather717 Guest

Thank you both so much for your valuable info. I had no idea there was so much to learn about leather and also had no idea I'd find it all so interesting at age 60. I can't stop reading. It's great! Thanks a bunch!!