Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear View of H&M Sofas

Default Rear View of H&M Sofas

Choosing some H&M sofas is proving difficult, mainly because the H&M website does not include rear view pictures of their sofas and chairs. In our great room, the sofas and two armchairs will be viewed from the rear, so the look is really important to us, which means we'll probably have to spend extra on additional nailheads and fancy stitching. Both my husband and I like Yellowstone, it has a lot of attributes that appeal to us, but without a rear view pic we're at a dead end. I've scoured the forum and found some fantastic rear view shots of the Carmen (fabulous rear! ), Sundance, and Sloan, but sadly no Yellowstone, Rugby or Teton, which are my personal favorites. If anyone has any pics they can share, I'd be very grateful.

zheng Guest

Default Re: Rear View of H&M Sofas

here is a post with the rear view of an evening sofa with custom added nailheads.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=evening
    I copied the design for my evening sofa, and I think it's a great upgrade for the sofa(chair) floating in the room. this upgrade costs not much, very reasonable.

That's why I always make sure I photograph the back of a piece when I do my 'parking lot' photos, so you can see the piece from all angles. I also try to do a side shot in order to give some idea of the back pitch. Of course, I have to have a piece come through the store in order to photograph it and we have to unpack it when is daytime and if its not raining, then I can get the shots! All the ones I have are in the Photo Library here, but there is no Yellowstone model that I know of. It will be a basic vertical sewn panel sofa back however. Nothing fancy.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you zheng for attaching a link to that beautiful Evening sofa, it truly is gorgeous and the additional nailheads on the back really make it a wonderful floating sofa. It's made me realize that additional nailheads will likely be required on our sofas.

Duane, you do a fantastic job with providing photos on this forum, you've no idea how helpful they have been to us and we seem to look through more of them every evening. I love the look of the Carmen sofas from the rear, they are really individual and would work well in our mountain lodge style home. I have been messing around on my computer and have got a picture of our great room on Microsoft Visio and I have cut and paste various sofa styles onto it, which gives an idea of what would look good and what wouldn't. It's really been useful. Right now my favorite is the Teton, but I'm not sure if that would look good floating or not. I'm not sure what leather H&M have used on their website, but it's so sumptuous, rich and deep, it really appeals to me. The negative for the Teton is the fact the wood feet and batoning between do not continue round the back, so that wouldn't be a good look good unless the two additional center feet and batons could be added as an extra.

Here's a couple of rear/side shots of the Teton I have in my store. Its positioned so I can't really swing it out without moving a lot of other pieces, but this should give you some idea of the look if it were floating in a room.

H&M can probably add a stretcher and extra feet to the back if you like, they will do it as a custom and assess an upcharge. I've seen them do that sort of thing for other customers on a regular basis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	4173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	4174
    Duane Collie

Duane, wow, the photos are extremely helpful and if H&M could add the extra feet and wood bar then that would definitely finish it off better. It's certainly an option we can consider. Any thoughts on what leather they used on their website? It would work for us, or a tad darker. We'll have to get together a few leather swatch choices as that's going to help. THANKS AGAIN!!!

If I were to wager a guess, that's Weston Cane Burnished on the Teton at the H&M website. For a tad darker, consider Cameo Brown Burnished.

My pleasure!
    Duane Collie

Okay, I showed hubby the Teton side and rear views and he's not keen on the look of 'leather frothing over like a cappuccino' over the backs of the sofas in a floating room environment. Sigh, I like cappuccinos and the deep buttoned backs and thick leather are just so wonderful on the Teton.

It looks like we've settled on the armchairs, they will be two Author chairs and ottomans. We really could do with the swivel ones (since we have views of mountains from our great room) but I find swivel chairs to look so bulky, I really like chairs with feet. Anyway, never mind, we'll cross that bridge when we come closer to finalizing styles and leathers. Now we need to figure out which style of sofas to compliment the Authors. That's the tricky bit, oh, as well as the even harder part of choosing the leather. Nothing's ever easy when there's so much choice. We'll start thinking of leather ideas and hopefully Duane can steer us in the right direction if certain ones are not recommended.

You get him that Audi R8 and he won't care what sofa you put in the family room....lol..

Yes, the Author swivel does look bulky on the base with no legs on it, but functionally if the swivel really works for your application its worth it. Author chairs look best in either burnished hides or polished leathers, in my opinion. Also, if you ever wanted to do a Hair-On-Hide piece, that's the one to do it on (outside panel only).
    Duane Collie

The R8 will have to stay on the forecourt... furniture first, we can't sit in an empty room. R8 bucket seats (or whatever they use) don't work for me, no matter how good the hide is. In any case, I want my Porsche Cayenne Turbo first.

Duane, you seem to manage to read our minds, we were thinking of the sides and back of the Authors in hair on hide, but wondered if it might look too much what with the deep button detail on the fronts. Now you've got us thinking again.