Thread: H&M in store models vs ordering

fdmason Guest

Default H&M in store models vs ordering

Hi All,
    Im in the market for a new sofa and a couple of accent chairs. I went to a local dealer today and after trying and sitting on a bunch of styles and brands, I fell in love with the H&M Charter. A few issues/questions. When I got home and did some measuring I think I may have an issue getting the Charter in the house, plus the interior space is quite small. After spending some time on the H&M site, I like the Campaign sofa a lot as well. It has smaller dimensions overall (84 length vs 90 for the Charter) but more inside space due to the size of the arms. Now the dealer I went to does not have a Campaign in store and I hesitate to order one sight unseen. Is the comfort level going to match? I know comfort is a subjective thing, but the Charter felt great and I just want to get an idea if they would be similar. Is it just a matter or matching the seat type?

Also, the model in store was a class IV leather and we were looking to go fabric for the sofa and chair and also add an additional chair but in leather. Would fabric make a big difference in the seat feel?

I apologize in advance if these are newbie type questions but we are looking for something to last and be comfortable for many years to come 15+

And finally, am I crazy to think that I can get 3 H&M pieces for less than 10k?

artielange Guest

Default Re: H&M in store models vs ordering

You can easily buy two H-M chairs and a sofa in leather for less than 10K through Duane, even in the higher class leathers. I bought several pieces of H-M sight unseen and each one of them has been extremely comfortable.

The Charter is hard to beat on comfort. The Campaign is nice, but those track arms are much harder and you need a pillow to lay down and nap atop them on that piece. As far as egress, anything in the H&M line will go through a 36" doorway, the Charter probably needs only 32" as the cushions come off and the back is low, and also the four bun feet can be unscrewed (you need a # 2 Square Drive bit to remove them, not a phillips screwdriver).

Yes, fabric will feel completely different. First off, the cushion cores are different. You get a marshall unit spring down in fabric, and the leathers is 16oz Dupont Qualux. Secondly leather is stiffer and not as pliable or yielding as fabric. It won't be different in a bad way, but it WILL be different. You can absolutely get 3 pieces under $ 10K like that. Way under (depending on covers selected, of course).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fdmason Guest

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the reply. How do you feel about the 4107 Member sofa or the 4651 Lena compared to the Charter? Also, thoughts on the NC306 Deep Down Sofa?

It seems I will be hard pressed to find an H&M sofa or chair in fabric near me. What would be the best brand to compare it to in terms of seat feel for fabric?

Thanks again!

The 4107 Member sits a bit lower to the ground, with slight more back pitch. Lena I don't recall....and I'm not a fan of the NC306 Deep Down Sofa (it has a cool name, but is nothing to write home about...)

Just about any high-end line fabric sofa with a Marshall Unit Spring Down core and 8-way hand tied construction will work for an approximate sit feel.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.