Thread: Info on Bradington Young - Moreland

Quandary Guest

Default Info on Bradington Young - Moreland

Greetings all,

I am looking into a couch and I simply can't find any information on it and was wondering if anyone here could help. I'm interested in the Bradington Young Moreland couch which I saw at Dillards. I find the couch very comfortable and it seems to be quality. This is my first couch purchase so I'm really clueless as to what pitfalls I could encounter with this purchase.

I understand Bradington Young is a good brand, but I don't want to make any mistakes! Does anyone have any information on this specific couch or the Seven Seas collection?

Quandary Guest

Default Re: Info on Bradington Young - Moreland

Here's a picture of the actual couch. I can't find information on this anywhere. Thanks again for any and all help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	couch.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	4210

Seven Seas is a 100% made-in-China line that I personally do not feel meets the quality standards I have to carry the line in my store. Bradington Young labeled product is a completely different product and I have had that line for 25 years. Its USA-made and has proven itself solid and reliable over the years.

I don't recognize that piece as a current model in Bradington-Young or Seven Seas.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quandary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Seven Seas is a 100% made-in-China line that I personally do not feel meets the quality standards I have to carry the line in my store. Bradington Young labeled product is a completely different product and I have had that line for 25 years. Its USA-made and has proven itself solid and reliable over the years.

I don't recognize that piece as a current model in Bradington-Young or Seven Seas.
    Thanks for the information. This is why I'm very confused - it is labelled Bradington Young / Hooker (on the inside) but: only Dillards carries it, no information for that product is found online, and no one else has heard of it. The only way I know it's Seven Seas is that the item number started with "SS".

Does anyone know what this means? I'm a newbie but this seems to be the equivalent of a Ford dealership carrying a truck which is totally unique to that dealership. Is this an accurate analogy?

Here's the tag:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tag.JPG 
Views:	397 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	4213

Could be a special buy or a line they made just for Dillard's, or even older stock that's not current, but it does not appear to be a Bradington Young model I can recall ever seeing.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.