Thread: Afghan Rugs

BevoGal Guest

Default Afghan Rugs

This is an interesting organization, founded by a very successful woman entrepreneur (and Texas Ex): http://www.arzustudiohope.org/default.aspx

I came across it when researching handmade tribal rugs. Has anyone purchased one of their rugs? Prices are not listed on the site.

And where can I find an affordable QUALITY rug that is handwoven? Too many other projects in the queue to spend a lot on this rug (needed for the foyer, 5x8 max size), but I don't want one that will come apart in a few years. Thanks!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Afghan Rugs

I'm loving rugs lately as well...but I really don't want to invest too much in one while my kids are still little a friend of mine just got an antique Persian from a site called esalerugs. I was pretty impressed with it for the price. They have a lot of different styles/ prices etc and might be worth a look. Buying a rug online is tough since you really never can tell the true color, quality, etc...
    I actually went down to the Dump in Houston yesterday. The furniture is mostly junk, but I'm looking for a "unique" rustic end table and they tend to have some weird stuff, lol. Anyways the rug selection was crazy! Apparently they just had a big shipment...the had every price, quality, and style you could imagine. Some of them were really pretty, handmade, etc. I know it's not going to be super high-end, but might be worth a look

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: Afghan Rugs

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I'm loving rugs lately as well...but I really don't want to invest too much in one while my kids are still little a friend of mine just got an antique Persian from a site called esalerugs. I was pretty impressed with it for the price. They have a lot of different styles/ prices etc and might be worth a look. Buying a rug online is tough since you really never can tell the true color, quality, etc...
    I actually went down to the Dump in Houston yesterday. The furniture is mostly junk, but I'm looking for a "unique" rustic end table and they tend to have some weird stuff, lol. Anyways the rug selection was crazy! Apparently they just had a big shipment...the had every price, quality, and style you could imagine. Some of them were really pretty, handmade, etc. I know it's not going to be super high-end, but might be worth a look
    I have been to the Dump once to purchase and Aireloom mattress - I'm going to have to go check out the rugs! You are correct, furniture was nothing impressive at the time. One day, I'll have nice rugs...when the kids aren't spilling and the dog isn't old =)