Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather Executive Chairs

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: Leather Executive Chairs

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Better revise that budget! $ 1K per Chair is not going to get you any of H&M's office chairs, sorry - especially in a GR 3.
    Oh boy =( Did the prices go up? I know that slim one was just a little over $1K in GR 3, but that was in January. Or maybe that was a quote for GR 2. I have to go back to the PM! This budget is pre-shipping expense.

Damask Guest

BevoGal,
    What a beautiful Study! Love the bookcases! I'll be in similar situation in couple of months, looking for a pair of Executive Chairs (we plan on having a partner desk in the middle of our built-ins too). Though Duane's comment about the prices, plus upcoming price increase, and H&'M's new long-distance sales policy, may force me to wait a bit longer... we'll see.

Did you have a look at Executive Chairs within the Town & Country program? Maybe that would help to stay within the budget, if you like the leathers offered of course.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...3396#post13396

These two are nice (it would be interesting to see what their T&C price is):

1583ST Editorial in Heirloom Chestnut, but it's GR4, and unprotected - personally I like it a lot
    5577ST Amato in Piazza Ebony, but GR5, unprotected (may be too dark but if you choose a different color in Piazza you'll still get partial T&C discount)

One from your list, Bailey 1452St, is also on T&C list, in Piazza Loden

Duane would have to chime in regarding the details of Piazza leather (it is among his "outstanding picks").
    I'd assume since H&M chose it for Executive Chairs, it should hold up well.

There are couple in other leather grades too:

5582ST Hall in Dream Claret, GR 2, protected, if you'd decide on a color pop in the study
    5471ST Greyson in Columbia Ebony (Columbia is one GR1 leather Duane is keen on) - this actually may be a really good deal! Looks nice too!

And few in Document which I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in.

Keep in mind the price increase starts on July 22nd (must order by the 20th), and then T&C ceases for long-distance orders on July 31st.

Will be following your thread with interest!

Damask Guest

Damask Guest

Duane, Since you'll be quoting the prices for some of these chairs for BevoGal, could you forward the quotes to me too please? Will let me get an idea what price ranges we are looking at and will save you some time TY!

Sorry, I won't forward quotes done for others. Doing written quotes has been a major part of the problem and one of the reasons we are seeing a sales restriction policy coming into play with the H&M brands on August 1. Some people think shopping is a game and take these written quotes (via PM or Email), print them off and take them to their local dealer and hand it to them - ask them to match prices. That causes a firestorm from that local dealer who has a quote with my name on it (or other distance seller) and the end result is what you see in the new policy from H&M.

As of August 1st I will no longer doing price quotes of any kind in writing or electronic methods - for any maker or brand I carry.

This includes forums, Private Messages, and Email. All quotes will be by telephone only and should be limited to no more than half a dozen and you MUST have your model number, maker and specifics ready - have your pen and paper ready!

I am taking this forum back to an informational- only site August 1 and all references to pricing will be sharply curtailed. My hand is forced on this issue and I have to take steps to protect my dealership in the H&M brands. More to come on that later this month.

Duane
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-07-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

Thanks, Damask, for the info on the T&C program with the executive chairs! I like the Editorial one very much, and the leather is a nice pick for it. Looks like I'll need to research quickly with all the changes forthcoming.

Duane, I'll PM you shortly - hard to manage this research while watching Wimbledon and cleaning up after our crew! Hope you enjoy your weekend a bit...unplugged =) I appreciate your service, and I know we have all said it many times before. You remind us that it is still possible to find someone who cares about the customer and has a passion for the product they are selling, wrapped into one. The forum has been a wealth of information. You may be increasing your phone volume, but maybe that will eliminate some looky-loo traffic anyway!

Damask Guest

Duane, I understand, no problem. Please know I haven't and I will not show your price quotes to any dealers etc.

BevoGal, it's my pleasure! And I agree with everything you said about Duane, and more

BevoGal Guest

Damask - are you out there? =) Did you read or hear that the T&C products ship more quickly than if you ordered things the regular way? My husband really likes the Editorial chair in the heirloom chestnut (and that's a GR 4!), and I think we are getting tired of sitting in this placeholder cheapo chair...

Damask Guest

I'm here! Faster delivery on T&C makes sense... Unfortunately I won't be taking advantage of it because we are getting the sofa made from loose hides in NC just to make sure it matches the loveseat, plus our bench / ottoman is custom order so it will additionally delay the delivery But I'm sure it will be worth it

I'm so jealous! I love that chair, and it's in great leather in T&C! If it wasn't for the fact that we are not closing on the new house until late August, and for the fact that I have to buy so many other furniture, I would so be getting them!

BevoGal Guest

I hope it's faster delivery =) My husband just approved ordering the Editorial tomorrow (trying hard not to call Duane now!), and we can't wait to put some of these projects behind us. My ottoman will have to wait a while, oh well!

You should see the chandeliers I'm pricing. Oh goodness...