Southwood Furniture Company, with whom I have been a dealer for 25 years, is in liquidation and has apparently has no work force. DO NOT place an order with any dealer for their products as it is likely you will not get your order. I have been trying to call them for two days to check status on orders I have with them and they have not answered the phone no matter how many extensions were tried. Finally I sent a fax (see attachment). Once I did get that Fax, then I called various people in the trade and indeed they are all done and up for sale, but who is going to buy an unprofitable upholstery maker? No one.

There is a right way to do business and one can do it with style and grace by notifying their dealers of their plight. Instead they continue to take orders that they know they are not going to be able to build. That's unethical - and hence my posting to everyone that reads this forum to put the word out. I will never do business like that and it cheapens our industry when there are companies that do, and that reflects on everyone that tries hard to do business the right way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Southwood0001.jpg 
Views:	880 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	4234