Thread: Lane or Craftmaster/Hickory Craft?

jkwedge Guest

Default Lane or Craftmaster/Hickory Craft?

I am looking to buy a new sofa and loveseat. I have narrowed it down to Lane or Craftmaster(same as Hickory Craft)in my price range. Both sofas are pretty much the same size 100" long. There is however a difference in the seat cushions and probably in construction I'm sure. My main concern is the Lane cushions which use coils instead of foam. Any opinions or experience with the coil cushion qaulity? Any opinions on Lane or Craftmaster, which to purchase or are they equal? Thanks for your help.

Susijo Guest

Default Re: Lane or Craftmaster/Hickory Craft?

Quote Originally Posted by jkwedge View Post
    I am looking to buy a new sofa and loveseat. I have narrowed it down to Lane or Craftmaster(same as Hickory Craft)in my price range. Both sofas are pretty much the same size 100" long. There is however a difference in the seat cushions and probably in construction I'm sure. My main concern is the Lane cushions which use coils instead of foam. Any opinions or experience with the coil cushion qaulity? Any opinions on Lane or Craftmaster, which to purchase or are they equal? Thanks for your help.

jkwedge, did you end up buying one of these and are you happy with it? I have the opportunity to buy a very gently used Lane leather sofa set (sofa, loveseat, chair, all-aniline protected leather). They are asking $2,000. It is not a brand i would seek out but may be a good purchase used. Curious whether you got the Lane and if you are happy with it, do you feel it is a good value?

This answer is way too late for you, but we have a Lane leather sofa that we've owned for about 21 years. It has held up well all except one cushion. The leather on that one is "chipping" It has small areas where the leather is disintegrated. There is also one area on the back that is hard/too firm to the touch. But all in all it's been a very good sofa. I am looking for a new one because the sofa never fit me. The back is too tall. I have just started looking so I'm not sure where I'll end up. Currently, I am not looking at leather, but who knows.

Just remember that 21 years is a long time. A lot of manufacturers have downgraded their quality, and shipped manufacturing overseas. Unfortunately, Lane is one. It used to be a fairly good quality product. We had pieces in the family last for decades also. But my nephew bought one 2-3 years ago and it is already shot. So find out what you can about construction methods and materials before you buy.