Thread: HM City sofa vs Campaign sofa

Peaches Guest

Default HM City sofa vs Campaign sofa

We were all set on the City sofa and love seat but have been concerned that the inside measurements were really skimpy. Our overall width cannot be over 84" so we have to get the smaller City. However, we have decided to buy a sofa and chair instead of the love seat and we now are also considering the Campaign sofa and chair in addition to the City 83" sofa and chair/ottoman. Opinions??? Comfort of each?

Also, I love the looks of the leather in a picture I saw and in catalog of the City #9844 93" sofa- the larger City. I've narrowed possibilities comparing the picture with the HM leather site pages, but am not sure. Can you identify the name of that leather color, please. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Peaches; 01-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Peaches Guest

Default Re: HM City sofa vs Campaign sofa

Well, I've been up half the night reading the forum and have learned so much! One more question if I may- on another thread you have described the Campaign sofa as soft and plush, which is what we want, but also said it was a "heavier style". Could you explain what you mean by heavier style? I'm showing my ignorance, but that's what the forum is for, right?

Also spent a long time reading the Keeping Room furniture site. If the weather wasn't so lousy we'd be in the car right now headed up your way (from Atlanta) for leather and furniture. Just my style! Most of my home is furnished and decorated in Williamsburg 18th Century, information which may help you decide if the Campaign or City would be better for me. We come north in the summer so I will be knocking on your door then if not before. Can't wait!

Default Re: HM City sofa vs Campaign sofa

Anytime you have a space constraint and want max inside width you should dismiss the roll arm sofas, they take up lots of space. Trac arms are much thinner and while not as cushy, will give you back that interior width.

Campaign is very popular as is the City. I think they sit about the same overall....though the 9840 City is more compact. 9844 City definitely is roomier. "Heavier style" just means not as light and airy looking, typically sofas with decks /bases that are close to the floor is all.

Stop by any time! Door is always open!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.