Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5460T Neko Tufted Chair in Ricardo Camel

Riddle Guest

Default 5460T Neko Tufted Chair in Ricardo Camel

My Tufted Neko in Ricardo Camel is fabulous!!! This leather feels better and looks better than anything I've seen or felt. It feels a bit like Quintessence, but sturdier and better. Contrary to the photos below, there is absolutely no sheen; the leather is matte. (I have zero skill as a photographer. Not enough light in the room to skip the flash.) The close-up of the arm is probably the best representation of the way the leather looks. On my monitor, the tufting the best representation color. The Chateau wood finish is perfect with the color of the leather. I'd like to sit in the chair more since it is the replacement for my old favorite chair, but I have competition from our 19-year old cat who claims the chair is hers. Her majesty has excellent taste!

As always, Duane is a dream to work with and the delivery from Sun went off without a hitch!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neko full.JPG 
Views:	802 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	4274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neko side.JPG 
Views:	676 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	4275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neko near.JPG 
Views:	832 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	4276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neko inside arm.JPG 
Views:	637 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neko tufting.JPG 
Views:	583 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	4278

5460T Neko Tufted Chair
    Leather: Ricardo Camel
    Nail: Hancock A
    Wood: Chateau

Height 47.75", Width 31", Depth 36.75"
    Inside: W 21.5", D 20.5"
    SH 22", AH 27.75"

Doing the happy dance! Thank you, Duane!!

artielange Guest

Default Re: 5460T Neko Tufted Chair in Ricardo Camel

Stunning stunning stunning!!! That is so gorgeous. When I ordered my Sanctuary Sofa last month, Duane was trying to talk me into that exact leather, but I just couldn't justify the Gr 5 pricing, and instead went with Gr 4 Capri. Your chair is truly special.

Riddle Guest

Thank you, artilange! My sofa is in butternut Capri, which I love too. The grade 5 price point did give me pause. I couldn't afford that in a sofa. That darned video Duane made to show off the new leather samples did me in! When a guy who has handled as much leather as he has touches a sample the way he did - well, I knew that it was going to be nifty.

Heck, I even repainted the living room in an ivory which works better than the previous color with the golden undertones of the Ricardo leather!

Fabulous, Gail. It looks like a million. Its different than anything you've ever seen before in a leather, isn't it? There is a richness you can visibly see in that leather that is not like anything else on the market except maybe in very high end ladie's handbags. Good pick!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Vegas Guest

How is the Ricardo leather for wear? Do you think it could scratch easily or not so much? I know the Capri leather sample I have holds up well to scratch attempts so just wondering about the Ricardo. The Ricardo leather is striking and your chair is beautiful.

Riddle Guest

Thank you, Vegas. I'm still delighted with the chair. Love, love, love the Ricardo! My scratch tests on samples were similar Capri. In real life, there are no scratches on the chair. I've only had it for a few weeks, but I sit on it nearly every day. I'm not hard on furniture, but I knew that the chair would get a lot of use. I specifically chose one with exposed wood on the arms where I expected most of the abrasion to be.

Riddle, your Neko photos encapsulate a piece of furniture that oozes the best quality and workmanship, like antiques from years ago. It's really something special to have a manufacturer that takes so much care and pride in all they do. My husband and I have no doubt that we will be buying H&M, it's just going to take a few more months because of our want for Grade 5 leather, but your photos confirm why that wait will be worthwhile. Congratulations on your stunning purchase, the tufts on the Neko are amazing.

BevoGal Guest

WOW - gorgeous chair!

Vegas Guest

I ordered a Utah chair and ottoman in the Ricardo Mocha leather with Nile Croc as trim like the Utah sofa that was recently featured on the forum. The Croc will be dyed to match the Mocha. It will be awhile because we are doing the cutting approval prior to production. Yes, that Ricardo sure looks nice.

Riddle Guest

Thank you, Mountainlion and BevoGal! Vegas, it would have never occurred to me to have a leather for trim dyed to match. Looking forward to seeing you chair and ottoman!