Thread: The leathers are posted

kperregaux Guest

Default The leathers are posted

At long last Hancock and Moore have posted the leather images to their web site.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/leather.asp

Great... For all those with a Mac, try dragging an individual sample pic to the dock, minimizing the site and then opening the sample picture from the dock. With my 20 in. desktop I can get a picture that's almost half the screen. It gives great detail. Duane, try with your 24 in. it should be great. Next trick is to find a way to open two pics side by side to compare and contrast. (We have Antelope Saddle Austin Sofa and Chair and are looking at the possibility of adding some more pieces in the same room with a different leather). If anyone finds how please post for us computer challenged.

Wow! They look good to me! Pretty impressive for scanned samples. I have to tell you that YOU here on the forum were the driving cause for these to be posted. Sometimes a few voices can make a difference.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dwainw Guest

I'm glad to see them posted. Certainly they are no substitute for handling the leathers in person, but this is another tool that a customer can use to peruse the options in the convenience (both the customer's and salesperson's) of their own home.

Being in the process of selecting a leather myself, I see that the greatest value here is that once you choose a hide, this reference can help you make sure that you haven't missed a particular colorway for that hide. Of course, a new word of caution would be that just like actual leather samples from lot to lot, the color of these pictures will vary depending on your monitor type and calibration; one should only use these as a general idea of what is available.

Now if they could eventually link these samples to photographs of the finished furniture using the same hide that are already on their site, a customer could really get a decent idea of how a hide sample ends up looking on a piece of furniture.

Thanks H&M!

I spoke to the H&M website designer today and passed that idea on to them Dwain. They liked it! Going to run it by the Pres. and if he signs off they said that can do that without too much difficulty. Keep the ideas coming......
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Odd I/O Guest

Default More Suggestions...

They could try putting up a informational/promotional blurb for each line/series of leather (country of origin, the unique qualities of the particular line, etc...). I'd like to know the differences between the lines/series of leathers within a class.

Also, more pictures of their leather pieces in an actual room setting would really help. I find I get a better sense of how a piece would work in a room that way.