One of the really cool things H&M showed at the October 2012 Market was some of their pieces done in sister company's COUNCILL wood finish. Councill is 90 minutes away from H&M, however, so each piece had to be driven over there - finished - then returned. Originally it was going to be offered as a upcharge premium finish to do it, but they decided it was just too unwieldy and cumbersome to transport frames. However, a lot of the dealers loved the look - including me. I thought it really made for a spectacular piece on frames where wood wrapped up into the design.

So, H&M has developed a clone of that Councill piano finish called "BRILLIANCE". It will be first shown at the upcoming April 2013 Market, but you can order it now if you like. There are no samples of it, and no photos, and the Customer Service staff at H&M is unaware of it - but I have it right from the top that we can order it and the best part is its no extra charge. If you'd like the finish and can take a leap of faith without samples / photos, then I'd highly recommend it on more formal pieces.

Here's a photo of the Councill finish shown at Market. The new H&M finish BRILLIANCE will be indistinguishable from this, I'm told.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H2.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	4280