Thread: New sofa lower back pain

aypues Guest

Default New sofa lower back pain

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here!

I just bought a Ralph Lauren Stanmore sofa and cocktail ottoman from Macy's. Here is the link:
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...oductname_link

I love the styling of the two pieces together, the color, everything about it basically. The leather feels so nice and apparently it's unprotected with a 2.0 fill power (or something). I've had the sofa for 2 days. My lower back is starting to hurt. I have the sofa oriented on a side wall so that I can lay down and stretch out on it and I am looking directly at my tv. Do you think it needs time to break in? Does it need some more firm cushioning? I don't know what to do. One of the reviewers even stated he had a bad back and this was the only one he could lay on without problem, and I kind of relied on his review, and it felt good in person at the showroom too.

I guess my back is fairly sensitive though...I bought another one from Macy's called the Martino and it looked nice but it had a weird shape - the seat angled down in the back of the cushion and up toward the knee area so that when I layed in it, it felt like I was stuck in a valley. It hurt my lower back too and I returned it.

I really like everything about my RL sofa but if there is a way to help let me know!! I guess I could call my salesperson at Macys...she was really helpful. What do you guys think??

Thanks

Default Re: New sofa lower back pain

I don't think ANY sofa is going to be something that is going to alleviate back pain, they are not designed for that.

According to all the orthopedic doctors that shop in my store, the # 1 way to relieve back pain is to exercise and lose weight - but that's probably not the answer you are looking for....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aypues Guest

Default Re: New sofa lower back pain

It only started when I got this sofa it what I was saying...
    I am in shape and not overweight at all. I workout 3-4x/week etc...