Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

crunchysue Guest

Default Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Hi All,

I would like to solicit your opinion on some chairs, please. I'm 99% sure that the 5483 Lynne is the sofa I want. With that in mind, I've mocked up some sofa/chair combos to try to get an idea of what they'd look like together. These are just cut and pasted from the H&M website, so they're not exactly to scale but they should be close.

What do you think? Do you like any of these? Or any others that I haven't considered? Ignore the colors, of course. The chair would be sometimes next to and perpendicular to the couch, and sometimes across the room in a corner. The room really is too small to keep it near the couch all the time, but sometimes I like to put it there anyway, especially if company comes over. We will read or watch TV in it (read: slouch). I'm looking for cushy but not huge.

I'm currently thinking about a medium brown for the couch (e.g. Capri Butternut, Weston Sunrise Burnished, Heirloom Chestnut, etc.) and a green for the chair (e.g. Tiburon Basil, Weston Moss, Sedona Moss, Ricardo Basil), but I haven't seen any of the leathers in person yet. We can talk about leathers later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair-7016-Miller-Tufted.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	4295

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair-7043-Market.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	4296

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair-7112-Cross-Moore.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	4297

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair4878-Poet.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	4298

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair5662-Prestwick.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	4299

Thanks for your help and opinions!
    Sue
    Last edited by crunchysue; 02-01-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added Prestwick and Poet

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Here are all the images fullsize at once: http://houseofcrunchy.com/ham/chairs.php

I like the Prestwick for size and style with the sofa choice, although green leather would not appeal to me. I might go for a burnish that compliments the sofa color, but that is really a personal preference. You might also consider a two tone on the chair utilizing the leather from the sofa as the secondary leather for the chair. Definitely use same or similar feet, wood color, and trim nail style.

Good luck and be sure to post pictures when your new pieces arrive.

jjk_reef00 Guest

That's a tough one! I'd personally select from one of the 3 Loungers with the Market and Miller being my top 2.

Daisymarie18 Guest

I sat in both the Prestwick and Cross Moore recliner today...Both were very comfy. The Prestwick has a slightly firmer back, if I was " lounging" I'd probably want an ottoman to put up my feet. The Cross Moore was more of a chair that you could really kick back and relax in. The Poet chair looks really nice, but I wonder how comfy it is? Looks a bit firmer in the back than the others.
    The Miller and the Market loungers look nice and I bet they sit great, but I don't think their style goes as well with the Lynne as the others. Just my opinion, though!
    A few more I like with the Lynne would be the Judy chair or lounger, the Expedition chair, or the Newton 5781 (or 5782 if you don't like a poofy back)
    I saw a chair done in Tiburon Basil today...it was really pretty color, but it was a on a much smaller scale. It would definately stand out on a larger chair!

I like the Cross Moore the best mixed with the Lynne. They both have straight lines across the bottom and sides and nice frames on the back. I like how the chair has a tufted back to be a little different from the sofa. Agree the nailheads across the bottom need to match, though I don't mind their having different feet since the angles are similar.

Whoaa! Sue!!! You win the Best Poster Award for The Month for putting up cut n' pastes of your items rather than links to tab back n' forth! Well done! Makes it much easier for everyone to see...

Of course you have a mix of recliners and stationary chairs, but if we are just talking style then # 4 and # 5 are my picks, with my preference going to # 4, the Poet Chair. That's a very sassy, greatly styled mid-size chair that I happen to like a lot. Sits well and when dressed in the right leather, really makes a statement. If you go stationary chair, consider one of the small boot stools to go with it, as they will make it sit almost like a recliner.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

crunchysue Guest

Thanks for your opinions, everybody. Keep 'em coming!

@daisymarie18 - When you sat in the Prestwick, did you feel the "stripe" on the back cushion? I love that stripe but it looks like it might be uncomfortable. I like the Judy but I think it looks too much like the Lynne sofa. I prefer unmatched sets. Expedition and Newton look interesting; I'll mock them up when I get a chance.

@cuse69 - I will most definitely be posting pictures.

@DCGator631 - Good idea about the railheads & wood.

@Duane - Aww shucks! Must be my web development background. Wait till you see all the spreadsheets I've been making. And enough with the teasing - what is "the right leather," in your opinion, to "really make a statement?"

The reason I have both chairs and loungers on my list is because I'm not sure what would work best. There's not really room to recline the chair unless you move it every time you want to recline. Unless ... I wonder if there are swiveling recliners? I'll research that. Still, a plain ol' chair might be the best. Decisions, decisions.

Gotta go, time for breakfast. Have a great Saturday everybody!

Sue

Daisymarie18 Guest

Sue, I couldn't feel the stripe at all on the Prestwick I'm like you...I don't want to match necessarily, but I like my pieces to " go" together. Matching nail heads, trim or gimps done in contrasting coordinating colors etc look great without being too matchy.
    I've been researching H&M swivel/ gliders/ recliners and have come up with nothing but dead ends. As far as I can tell they are mostly just swivels, just gliders, or just recliners! If I could find a stylish comfortable swivel/glider Ill probably just use a small ottoman at this point! I know B&Y makes more options as far as those kinds of configurations, but Ive been too spoiled now sitting on all this great H&M I dont know if I can go there, lol...keep us posted if you find anything!

Tip: Any H&M Recliner that starts with a "3" in the model designator can be configured as a swivel / glider. Example : The # 3009 Barton Wall Hugger becomes the # 3709SG when you add the swivel glider designator
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.