Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Quote Originally Posted by artielange View Post
    Crunchy, I just had a thought. What about Kipling Whiskey? I think it's very similar to the Tiburon Butternut and it's a Grade 2. I saw this particular sofa at Duane's a few years ago and loved it.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...1&d=1225913910
    That Kipling Whiskey isn't too far off from TB, I think it's also a light pull-up? Is the leather as thick as Tiburons I wonder? That looks nice...

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    Yeah, I think you're probably right, Daisy. If the Tiburon Butternut were always a Grade 4, it wouldn't have been a problem; it's just when you raise the price of my couch a thousand dollars overnight, then that sticks in my craw and is hard to swallow (to mix a couple metaphors)!

I was never choosing leathers based on price; this is the first and last super-high-quality couch I intend to ever buy - by the time this one wears out, I'll be too old and senile to notice or care. Of course, we never really know what the future holds, but you get my point. I've owned two leather sofas in the past, but they were cheap; one lasted 5-6 years before all the cores died, and the other probably wasn't even been real leather because my Dalmatian's toenail poked a hole in it a few months after I got it. I've learned my lesson, and now that I can afford real leather on a real couch ... OK, I feel like there should be some stirring music swelling in the background ...
    Yeah, a sudden surprise price raise like that can cause a lot of second guessing! Sleep on it for a day or two and let the initial frustration pass, consider some of the other options, and then decide if the TB is worth it to you. I bet it probably will be...over the life of the sofa 1k isn't a huge deal. Living 20+ years with a leather you regret IS a huge deal.

crunchysue Guest

I'm in a store, sitting on cheap a leather(ish?) recliner, dreaming of Tiburon Butternut.

So what are the rest of you going to do about the TB? Buy it anyway, or choose another?

I'm actually looking at some of the burnished hides some more. It's a different look, yes, but also unique and pretty. Problem is, I'd really need to see samples in person before committing. I'm looking at Weston Sunrise Burnished and Weston Cane Burnished. If you could go lighter, the Tierra French Luggage would look really cool on Lynne and still look neat with the Weston Moss and your peacock rug colors. You might have to change your wall color though. Think of what leather looks the best on the individual piece and go from there, if you want the sofa to be a focal point in the room.

Has anyone used Weston Sunrise Burnished and/or have any thoughts on it? I've not seen that sample in person, so curious to hear your opinions.
    Last edited by DCGator631; 02-26-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Good points, Daisymarie.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Yeah, a sudden surprise price raise like that can cause a lot of second guessing! Sleep on it for a day or two and let the initial frustration pass, consider some of the other options, and then decide if the TB is worth it to you. I bet it probably will be...over the life of the sofa 1k isn't a huge deal. Living 20+ years with a leather you regret IS a huge deal.

Here's Weston Cane Burnished - http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...3&d=1304192162. It looks like an orangier brown.

crunchysue Guest

My top 6 choices were these:
    • Tiburon Butternut
    • Capri Butternut
    • Garfield Chestnut
    • Tuscany Saddle
    • Buckingham Walnut Burnished
    • Gaucho Mocha Burnished

You can see them in all together here: http://houseofcrunchy.com/ham/leathers.php
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OnThePorch.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	4442

Tiburon Butternut won by a landslide because:
    1. I love the color so much.
    2. It's a pull-up which I think will look cool when it gets scratched and as it ages.
    3. It's "rugged" looking and feeling, where Capri is "fancy" looking and feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by DCGator631 View Post
    I'm actually looking at some of the burnished hides some more. It's a different look, yes, but also unique and pretty. Problem is, I'd really need to see samples in person before committing. I'm looking at Weston Sunrise Burnished and Weston Cane Burnished. If you could go lighter, the Tierra French Luggage would look really cool on Lynne and still look neat with the Weston Moss and your peacock rug colors. You might have to change your wall color though. Think of what leather looks the best on the individual piece and go from there, if you want the sofa to be a focal point in the room.

crunchysue Guest

That picture does look orangey, but my sample definitely didn't. Plus everybody has it
    Quote Originally Posted by DCGator631 View Post
    Here's Weston Cane Burnished - http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...3&d=1304192162. It looks like an orangier brown.

Yeah sounds like you're confident in your choice anyhow

crunchysue Guest

Well, believe it or not, I finally made a decision and placed my order. Thank you to Duane and everyone else on this forum being a sounding board and offering sage advice! Here's what I ended up with:

Lynne Sofa (5483) http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2021
    .. Tiburon Butternut
    .. Welt: self
    .. Gimp: Only on the bottom. Gaucho Mocha Burnished
    .. Nailheads: R & S
    .. Legs: Belgian Chocolate

Martini Chair (5736-1) http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2211
    .. Weston Moss
    .. Gimp: none.
    .. Nailheads: BNB Buffalo Nickels around the bottom, A on top

Ashmore Storage Boot Stool (016) http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1707
    .. Tuscany Saddle
    .. Nailheads: A