Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Now that I've had all the leathers for almost a week, I'm 99% sure what I want, and that would be a 5736-1 Martini Chair in Weston Moss and a 5483 Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Butternut. I think the Martini chair will fit me better than the Poet because it sits an inch and a half lower (18.5" vs 20") and I am 5' tall. Plus the Martini chair is really cool.

Weston Moss has a great hand to it, and is my favorite green of all the greens. Tiburon Butternut is a gorgeous color, very soft and is a waxy pull-up. It came down to Tiburon Butternut vs Capri Butternut for the couch. The Capri is very soft, no doubt about it. Based on forum reviews, I was fully prepared to fall in love with (and pay the price of) the Capri, but it was the Tiburon that won my heart. Tiburon is soft in its own slightly waxy way. Tiburon is a wallet; Capri is a purse. Tiburon is rough-and-tumble; Capri is refined. Tiburon is relaxed; Capri is formal. Tiburon is bad ass; Capri is lovely.

Capri is also burnished, and I've decided I don't really like that look; it looks too man-made to me, like a brand new "aged" Les Paul. The Tiburon will get its markings incidentally, from being handled and lived on; that appeals more to me, like a 30 year old Les Paul with half its finish removed by sweaty arms and sharp belt buckles.

So. Here's where I'd love to hear some suggestions. What kind of mods might look good? Nail heads, stitches, gimp, trim, etc. Here are some pics of the pieces we're talking about, and one of my living room with its current sofa and chair. Yes, I know they don't match. The big rug is very close to Tiburon Peacock in color, with lighter, sort of tribal markings. It's wool, hand made in Tibet. The TV and stereo are to the camera's left where you can't see them. The small rugs form a path around the whole house because my arthritic sixteen year old Chocolate Lab, Tyler, can't stay upright on the recently refinished wood (Doug Fir) floors. She is the best dog in all space and time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa-with-Chair-5736-1-Martini.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	4405

Name:	Lynne.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	4403

Name:	MartiniChair.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	4406

Name:	LRFacingEast.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	4404

Daisymarie18 Guest

Great choices! I'm loving that Martini Chair! I agree with you... I have to laugh at all the "new" vintage looks that are out there now. Just layer a little Daphne Blue under some Shell Pink and sand away for a brand new vintage guitar, lol!

I think that you are right on with the Tiburon. The more I look at it the more I love it. And I think it's just going to get better with age, scratch marks, etc. I look forward to seeing if anyone has any ideas on your chair mods...that's where I'm at now, except I'm still trying to choose a leather for the Author Chair to go with my current Hand Antiqued Saddle Sundance sectional. I'd be having that Tiburon Butternut myself if I thought it would be a good contrast, but I think it might be too orange

crunchysue Guest

Tiburon does come in other colors besides Butternut. Have you had the full sample set at your house yet? Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Great choices! I'm loving that Martini Chair! I agree with you... I have to laugh at all the "new" vintage looks that are out there now. Just layer a little Daphne Blue under some Shell Pink and sand away for a brand new vintage guitar, lol!

I think that you are right on with the Tiburon. The more I look at it the more I love it. And I think it's just going to get better with age, scratch marks, etc. I look forward to seeing if anyone has any ideas on your chair mods...that's where I'm at now, except I'm still trying to choose a leather for the Author Chair to go with my current Hand Antiqued Saddle Sundance sectional. I'd be having that Tiburon Butternut myself if I thought it would be a good contrast, but I think it might be too orange

Daisymarie18 Guest

I haven't had the samples, and I have to get my order in before March so I can get the 5% discount so I'd probably run out of time anyway...I have a local store about 30 minutes from me where I got my sectional that has the rings. Doesn't compare to actually being in the house, but I just keep running over there to look at different ones.

crunchysue Guest

Seems like they could let you have a few overnight; after all, you've been and will be a good customer!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I haven't had the samples, and I have to get my order in before March so I can get the 5% discount so I'd probably run out of time anyway...I have a local store about 30 minutes from me where I got my sectional that has the rings. Doesn't compare to actually being in the house, but I just keep running over there to look at different ones.

artielange Guest

I ordered my Author chair in Hyde Park Tan Burnished, which is a new leather that just struck me as really cool when I saw it. It has no shine, is super soft, and I think will give the Author chair the non-slippery, curl-up feel that I'm after. I just didn't want to order it in the T&C Weston Cane Burnished that so many others have.

crunchysue Guest

I'm going to have to go look for that Hyde Park swatch, I don't remember it!

Quote Originally Posted by artielange View Post
    I ordered my Author chair in Hyde Park Tan Burnished, which is a new leather that just struck me as really cool when I saw it. It has no shine, is super soft, and I think will give the Author chair the non-slippery, curl-up feel that I'm after. I just didn't want to order it in the T&C Weston Cane Burnished that so many others have.

Daisymarie18 Guest

I saw that Hyde Park on a picture somewhere in the depths of the forum...maybe it was even on a Martini chair? It looked nice! I think it was a little similar to the Mesquite Saddle that i had been looking at. I don't think Ive ever even seen an Author chair in anything but the Weston Cane Burnished, I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the Hyde Park one!

artielange Guest

You have a good memory, Daisymarie. It is indeed Hyde Park Tan Burnished shown on the Martini chair and sofa at Fall Market.
    http://s1217.beta.photobucket.com/us...12085.jpg.html
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...Oct2012083.jpg

crunchysue Guest

The Hyde Park is really nice looking, just too light for my purposes. What do you suppose is on the back of that Martini chair? A Nabuk maybe?