Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

Rustico Tundra is on the back...sure is pretty!

artielange Guest

IMO the Hyde Park Tan shown in the Market photos appears lighter than the sample on the handle. The photo on the H&M website is much more what I saw in person at Duane's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyde Park Tan Burnished.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	4408

The back of the Martini chair is Rustico Tundra, welt is Bison Nubuk Chocolate

I think the Lynne would look great with a very slightly contrasting piping and maybe gimp border along the bottom in the slightly contrasting color.

I wonder if the Journal chair on the main HM site is done in Tiburon Butternut (http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1614). I'd love to see a full-size sofa in that color before making a final decision too. I flipped through the e-catalog HM has online and there are a few pieces pictured in similar colors to that one, but hard to be sure (don't you wish they'd just label it!?).

The HM stock photo of the Lakota is in a burnished version of Tiburon Butternut. I also don't like the burnished hides that are too colorful, but have seen a few that are very subtle that I like. http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1907

crunchysue Guest

Interesting. There are no Rusticos on the handles. Just as well; that would turn the whole chair into a Class V price.

Burnishing completely changes the color of a piece - I don't like the color of that Lakota sofa at all. The Lakota is really cool, though, and would be perfect in the lobby of my home theatre. In my dream mansion

The Hyde Park feels really nice - it would have been a top contender if it were more orangey.

I agree that a very light burnish looks nice, but it seems rare. I really love the Buckingham Walnut Burnished sample, but in the picture of it on the Lynne sofa, it looks way too busy for me. And of course it fared the worst in my spill test, so that would have knocked it out anyway.

Gimp along the bottom of the Lynne might never be seen; I wonder how it would look on the picture frame? I like the idea of a contrasting piping. Here's hoping Duane has time to add his two cents before I have to send the samples on to their next foster home!

crunchysue Guest

And if I wanted a boot stool, I wonder which leather I'd choose for it. Hmm... Look how adorable this one (099 Footstool) is: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1301

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	099_Footstool_BO_DP.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	4414

099's are VERY little..almost a trip hazard. Be sure you want on that small!

I don't ever recall an H&M leather named 'Rustico'....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Which nailheads are you thinking of using on Lynne in the Tiburon Butternut?

crunchysue Guest

No idea! I'm counting on Duane to help me Do you have a suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by DCGator631 View Post
    Which nailheads are you thinking of using on Lynne in the Tiburon Butternut?

Daisymarie18 Guest

I'm going to attempt to attach a photo here...haven't tried it before so we will see if it works! I'm in love with this little guy. The "Achieve" ottoman. Someone had a fun idea of putting all of their favorite leathers on each side. I'd love it with some of the Tiburons, Tuscanys, and a little Nile Croc to add some attitude. So you could go that way...a free for all of coordinating leathers you love, and trim it out in one of your main colors.
    That 099 is also nice. You could do it in Weston Moss with the Tiburon Butternut gimp (or vice versa) and add some of those buffalo nail heads around the bottom.
    I also think the contrasting piping idea on the Lynne would look sharp! Good idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	4415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	4416  

crunchysue Guest

But it's so cute! Too cute to even have a name! Ashmore would be my second choice, then. I'm thinking Tuscany Saddle or Gaucho Mocha Burnished or maybe an Equestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    099's are VERY little..almost a trip hazard. Be sure you want on that small!

I don't ever recall an H&M leather named 'Rustico'....