Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Which Chair to go with my new 5483 Lynne Sofa?

I don't love that Achieve ottoman, but the idea of a different leather on each side is interesting. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I'm going to attempt to attach a photo here...haven't tried it before so we will see if it works! I'm in love with this little guy. The "Achieve" ottoman. Someone had a fun idea of putting all of their favorite leathers on each side. I'd love it with some of the Tiburons, Tuscanys, and a little Nile Croc to add some attitude. So you could go that way...a free for all of coordinating leathers you love, and trim it out in one of your main colors.
    That 099 is also nice. You could do it in Weston Moss with the Tiburon Butternut gimp (or vice versa) and add some of those buffalo nail heads around the bottom.
    I also think the contrasting piping idea on the Lynne would look sharp! Good idea

Daisymarie18 Guest

I just checked the measurements of that 099 boot stool...I agree it might be a little small. Maybe the 016, 017, or 018? They aren't too much bigger but would have a little more presence.

Daisymarie18 Guest

The Acheive is a little "square" but boy all those class 5's make it look so unusual (I love a little quirkiness thrown in the mix!) I think the Ashmore one is great!

I think the Buffalo nailheads would look so fun on Lynne, if you don't feel they're too western for you. I'd consider those across the bottom instead of the gimp. They are still subtle bc kind of antiqued finished to them. But, if not those, maybe a combination of R and S styles?

I've started really scrutinizing the photos on the main HM site to look for various nailhead patterns and colors paired with different leathers -- I'm probably spending WAY too much time on just one couch, but hey! I'm planning to have this sofa for decades to come.

crunchysue Guest

I know what you mean, DCGator - I'm completely obsessed at this point. So many details!

What do we think about Burnished Buffalo Nickels (BNB) spaced along the bottom and P everywhere else?

Here's a link to the best picture of the nailhead choices that I know of: http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...l-Trim-Options

If I were making up a Lynne Sofa in a burnisher hide, I'd most definitely use a Saddle Strap Tan Gimp and then BNB (Buffalo Nickels) spaced atop the gimp. Would look very sharp, but you might not like the price of those two upgrades as it probably add around $ 400 to the price vs. standard nail trim and no gimp. I'd probably also do the "I" stitch in lieu of welt trim OR do the welts in Seregehti Burnished. In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

TLoomis Guest

Hi Sue,

I have to tell you, I had the opportunity to sit in the Martini Lounger a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely loved it! I'm 5'2" and my feet did reach the ground. It's a great looking chair too, you picked a good one!

Tami

crunchysue Guest

Duane, I don't mind the upgrade price, but you know I chose Tiburon Butternut, which is not burnished, right? I'll have to check out the Saddle Strap Tan and Serengeti Burnished - I don't remember offhand what they look like. I love the BNB Buffalo Nickels.

OK, I looked them up. Serengeti is alligator-ish. That's not for me. I do think I'd prefer some type of welt over the "I" (or any other) stitching. Saddle Strap is not on my rings in any color.

I'm ready to place my order as soon as I get these little details figured out, and I appreciate and am counting on your expertise and help! Leg color is the least important/noticeable thing, and I've chosen Oiled Sandalwood. Let me know if you think it would be easier/faster to just call you and hammer out the last little details in one conversation rather than going back and forth on the forum. I know you're super busy right now; I'm flexible, just want to get my order in before the sale ends (like everybody else, I'm sure).

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    If I were making up a Lynne Sofa in a burnisher hide, I'd most definitely use a Saddle Strap Tan Gimp and then BNB (Buffalo Nickels) spaced atop the gimp. Would look very sharp, but you might not like the price of those two upgrades as it probably add around $ 400 to the price vs. standard nail trim and no gimp. I'd probably also do the "I" stitch in lieu of welt trim OR do the welts in Seregehti Burnished. In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?
    Last edited by crunchysue; 02-21-2013 at 02:21 AM.

crunchysue Guest

Thanks, Tami!

Quote Originally Posted by TLoomis View Post
    Hi Sue,

I have to tell you, I had the opportunity to sit in the Martini Lounger a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely loved it! I'm 5'2" and my feet did reach the ground. It's a great looking chair too, you picked a good one!

Tami

Daisymarie18 Guest

What about doing a gimp or welt trim from the reverse side of the Tiburon Butternut? A slightly lighter color with a suede like texture.