Thread: 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair Used advice

hoperichb Guest

Default 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair Used advice

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself as Ben, new user. Great site with lots of good information. Thanks to all.

I have been reading through the threads and noticed you are the most knowledgeable when it comes to H&M. I recently came across a set of dark blue Austin High Backs. They are quite remarkable. However, they do not match my house and without an ottoman they are not used that much.

They have some light scratches on the cushion seats from what appears to be a small dog from the previous owner. I believe these would be a fairly inexpensive recondition but may try to resell instead.

Can you advise how to identify what grade the leather on these chair would be? I have looked under the seats where the leather swatch is attached with no results. Can you also advise the formal color for what H&M calls dark blue?

Any ballpark estimates of what these used chairs would be would worth? I realize it is tough to accurately say without seeing them. This would give me a great starting point.Leather is very clean and tight throughout. Lastly, what would be a good secondary market to attempt to sell such a high end piece of furniture.

Any information and help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Ben Hoperich

Default Re: 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair Used advice

Hi Ben,

I can't really make much of an educated guess without seeing photos, can you post some high quality ones here?

Probably the leather is Cavailer Dark Blue, but again, I'd have to see it.

Light scratches may come out with some gentle rubbing with # 0000 steel wool followed by leather conditioner.

Post them for sale here on the Flea Market. Its free to use and it seems to sell pre-owned Hancock and Moore fairly well. Be sure to include photos and your location if you do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mr.ajandkj Guest

Hi Ben, I sent you a PM as well, but in case you don't get it, let me know if you decide to sell your Austin's, I may be interested.

thanks,
    Adam mr.ajandkj@gmail.com

hoperichb Guest

Thanks Duane,

I'll get some good pictures up this week. If you can take a look I'd appreciate it.