Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoration Hardware Sofas

Xtrasmiley Guest

Default Restoration Hardware Sofas

Duane,

We are looking at a RH 118"w, 44"d Kensington Sofa, new price $4,300 seller asking $3,700.

I think it is very expensive being used, but the seller may go down to 3 (I hope).

My budget is ~$4k for a living room set, sofa/loveseat or chair and ottoman, if you have something that meets that price point in stock, please let me know.

I'm not as concerend about style as I am size, I'm 6'2" so I need a big comfy couch I can lay on as needed and I like leather. Since H&M is out of my price range, I've been looking at the RH, but I'm not a super fan of the distressed look.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	1511 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	4306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.JPG 
Views:	3492 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	4307  

Default Re: Restoration Hardware Sofas

That's hilarious! That sofa is more used-up than it is used.

Has lots of leather sag and cushion crush and he STILL wants $ 3,700 for it? No way....that's a $ 1,000 sofa. Tops. And I might not even pay that for it were I in the market for it.

For $ 3K you can buy a brand new Bradington-Young sofa and be way ahead of the game.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Xtrasmiley Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. PM sent, and for the record, those sofas look like that in store!

hglaber Guest

RH certainly has an interesting style. New furniture that looks like it came straight off the south porch of a low-gpa frat house is the hottest thing. Not for me, but you can't argue with their results. People love this stuff. The thing that rally gets me - the crooked legs. They look like they've been whacked one too many times by a vacuum cleaner. A big ol' Kirby.

I can't buy off that the new ones look like that! With that much stretched leather on the cushions and that broke-down look? Really? If we delivered a sofa like that to a Hancock and Moore customer we'd be tarred and feathered. It looks terrible.
    Duane Collie

hglaber Guest

Here's a pic from their catalog. To my eye, the arms also don't look square either. Go here and check out the legs on that ottoman. They're not hiding anything. That's really how they're supposed to look. Just think of reduction in callbacks. Wrinkles? Scratches? Lumpy, misshapen cushions? Dents/nicks/wiggles? They're supposed to be like that! Enjoy your new furniture.

HA! Well, if they can get their customer base to buy into that shabby-chic look they're selling, more power to them! Means I can get a whole new market for my 20 year old Bradington Young and Hancock and Moore in my house and replace it with fresh pieces. "Its supposed to look that way".

Then again, I never could spend money on those 'worn out' baseball caps that I see in the store where they are all torn and ripped to look aged. If I want a new hat - I want a new hat.
    Duane Collie

hglaber Guest

Save your trade-ins. Call them "authentic" shabby-chic, note the "limited availability" in your Dwell ad, and they'll fly out the door.

Riddle Guest

We can tell that you don't pour over the RH catalog lusting for their furniture, Duane! Take a gander at this chair. And, no, that's not a cut-away to show the construction. You're supposed to want it in your living room! Oh, my!

Apparently not even the Metrosexuals went for that one, its on FINAL SALE at $ 895. I can't believe someone though that would sell.....ugh.
    Duane Collie