Thread: Monterey theater - Equestrian Chestnut

James Guest

Default Monterey theater - Equestrian Chestnut

Does anyone have pictures of Equestrian Chestnut in any sofa or chair?

Any opinions on Monterey Theater Seats configured as a sofa? Is it a mistake to order them without Wedges?

Can wedges be added after to a sofa configuration?

James Guest

Default Re: Monterey theater - Equestrian Chestnut

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	4943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2(1).jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	4944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1(1).jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	4945
    Arrived 4-4-2013 unfortunately I refused delivery due to damage. Damage was not caused by shipping.
    The worst piece the middle seat had a white stain, damage to leather and terrible upholstery where the headrest and back of the seat meet. All picture on web site show this area as a tight snug fit.
    At the insistence of the retailer H&M agreed to take the pieces back to factory.

It is three weeks since delivery and was told hopefully I would hear something within 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for H&M to resolve this type of issue?

Typically a turn around time if you are a distance delivery from your selling dealer and used a white glove service is about 6 weeks at best. Most of that is transit time, it's at the factory usually 6 to 10 days. Most delivery companies take 2.5 to 3 weeks to return, the time in the plant, and then another 2.5 to 3 weeks to get it back to you.

Quite honestly, I don't see a whole lot of problems in your photos posted. Perhaps they are more severe than the photos suggest. The first photo is usually resolved with some conditioner. I don't see any flaws in photo 2??? The third one has a small color touch up in it that can be objectionable or not, depending on the location of it. That can often be blended out by someone who knows how to do it.

These are hand-made pieces, its important to keep in mind they usually won't be perfect. At the dealer level, we finesse and 'deluxe' small problem areas when we see them come out of the box. I will normally go over every piece and cover small and slight surface marks, let marks, remove marking pen from the leather cut process and sometime re-align cushions. If you purchased these locally from your dealer, they should have done this as well for you prior to delivery. If you made a long distance buy, there is no one to do that for you (the delivery companies do not do it) and such is the nature of the process.

Out in direct sunlight is a taskmaster as well. I can find flaws on 100% of all furniture from every single maker out in the sunlight. That goes for wood pieces or upholstery. Once in the house, the lighting is not nearly as critical and what's objectionable out in the driveway won't be in the room. I encourage most folks buying long distance to not refuse for small things as the pieces (that you have already paid for) will be gone for at least 6 weeks, and they are likely to collect more bumps and bruises as they go back to the maker and then make another trip back to you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

James Guest

Thanks Duane. I posted photo 2 for anyone interested in seeing the color etc...
    It had a bad nick on the side but a picture was not taken.
    I'm concerned about the transporting back and forth and your last paragraph confirms that I should be.
    I was not available for delivery and had my sister fill in for me. Based on the pictures she took I felt that H&M would say the nicks
    are natural flaws but she tells me if you run your finger over them it feels like a hole and the leather is missing.
    The one on the side of the arm is not in a bad location and can be overlooked but the other is in the middle of the head rest.
    99% of the leather is perfect so why use a piece that is not as nice or at least use in place where the flaw would not be as noticeable.

I'm surprised you don't see a problem with the sloppy upholstery. The headrest in Photo 2 is nice and crisp where photo 1 is not.

The pieces came factory wrapped and long distance so I know the retailer never looked at the pieces before shipping.
    I respect your opinion so I think I'm going to have a major problem on my hands.

James Guest

It took a while but H&M agreed to redo the pieces at it arrived today.
    If not for one small damage it would be perfect. I decided to accept delivery hoping something could be done.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000393.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	5510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000376.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	5511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000379.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	5512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000381.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	5513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000391.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	5514

That's a shipping rub mark on the footrest. What I normally do is detach those (on most models its held on with four screws) and UPS it back to H&M. They will put a new piece of leather on it and get it back to you to re-attach and turn-around is quick. Go through your selling dealer to set that up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.