Hi Everyone,

I'm a first-timer shopping for living room furniture and I have a pretty low price point: $1200. I'm trying to find a mid-century modern sectional thats not going to fall apart in 3 years, but in no way can afford heirloom quality or leather thats worth a hoot. I have a cat that has not shown any tendency to attack my current fabric set but I'd rather not take my chances, so I've been leaning towards vinyl. Yes, I can be talked out of it. No, I'd rather not raise my budget but I can by a bit. I've seen some knowledgeable advice on this forum over the last few days so I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyone have suggestions for companies that make quality furniture that won't break the bank? I haven't heard a single nice thing about Ashley or Simmons or any of the other companies that make "starter furniture", but it kinda looks like thats all I can really afford. I'm hoping you all can tell me different. I'd love to get something from a place like Thrive or West Elm but its too much, and then I came across http://www.maxwestusa.com/. The appearance of their furniture and the website make them seem like a legitimate company, and the prices look reasonable, but there aren't any dealers in the southeast so I'm a bit lost. You can find them on big online furniture outlet sites but there aren't any reviews. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!