Thread: Adirondack Rocker

Peaches Guest

Default Adirondack Rocker

Duane, do you ever sell the Adirondack Rocker? I have never seen it mentioned here, but we saw and sat in one this weekend and loved it. Very comfortable and we loved the wood arms and versatility of this rocker. I think it will serve as a great extra chair in our room where we have about decided on the Austin sofa (for comfort) and already have 2 fabric armchairs. It is our tv/living room and not a huge room.

Are you or your customers who have the rocker happy with it? Any thoughts appreciated.

Default Re: Adirondack Rocker

I think it's a beautiful piece and would look at it down the road too; just focusing on sofa for now.

That was the single biggest 'hot' piece at last October Market. The dealers went nuts over it and I understand they had quite a few orders. I didn't order one because me small store is so packed that I avoid rockers for floor models as people move around and step on the rockers by accident and then whack themselves with the chair - if I had a large store with lots of space I'd get one, however. Its a very cool chair. Alan Price designed it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Cookie Guest

I just discovered that H&M makes rockers. Both Adirondack and Boomerang rockers are great looking, and I can see myself needing one in the near future (for rocking babies!).

Duane, do you know why the seat of the Boomerang rocker (5908-R) is 3" higher than the Boomerang chair (5908)? The Boomerang chair has a perfect height for me, but I kind of want a rocker. I also find it a little strange that while there is 3" seat height difference between Boomerang rocker and chair, there is only 0.25" seat height difference between the Adirondack rocker and chair. Maybe there was a measurement error or something?

5908-R Boomerang Rocker
    5908 Boomerang Chair
    5844-R Adirondack Rocker
    5783-1 Adirondack Chair

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Duane, do you know why the seat of the Boomerang rocker (5908-R) is 3" higher than the Boomerang chair (5908)?
    I do. It's Physics!

Rocker and stationary chairs are never the same height in similar models...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

We have an H&M Adirondack rocker. Absolutely love it! It's very comfortable with good, firm back support because I ordered it extra firm. I intended to post photos, but my husband immediately hauled it into his tv corner which is in a room that's too small for photography. If I can pry him out of over the holidays, I'll try to get a photo. I chose a distressed finish because dear husband is very hard on furniture. For the same reason, the cover is Equestrian. It's a saddle leather, so it's squeaky. I knew that before I ordered it, but I wanted the durability. It works for us but might drive others nuts.
    Last edited by Riddle; 12-19-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Cookie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    We have an H&M Adirondak rocker. Absolutely love it! It's very comfortable with good, firm back support because I ordered it extra firm. I intended to post photos, but my husband immediately hauled it into his tv corner which is in a room that's too small for photography. If I can pry him out of over the holidays, I'll try to get a photo.
    May I ask how tall you and your husband are? I am 5'2" with short legs, and wonder if the Adirondak rocker (or other H&M rockers) will be small and comfortable enough for me.

Thank you!

Riddle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    May I ask how tall you and your husband are? I am 5'2" with short legs, and wonder if the rocker (or other H&M rockers) will be small and comfortable enough for me.

Thank you!
    I'm 5'2" and he's 5'11". I can rest my feet flat on the floor. My husband seems to prefer chairs that have shallower seats than one might expect for his height. The chair isn't what I'd call small. The arms alone are wide enough make the chair look substantial. What you can't see on the H&M site is that there is wood behind the back of the chair that connects the two arms. The proportions are quite lovely.

Peaches Guest

Smile Re: Adirondack Rocker

I am the original poster who asked the question about the Adirondack Rocker and now maybe can help someone else. We did buy the AR and have been enjoying it since May. It is a great chair and a great rocker. It is wider than a normal rocker and has a firm straight back and seat, not curved like many rockers. I particularly love the wide arms. We purchased it in Belgian Chocolate, a gorgeous wood, and Capri Harness to match our H&M sofa, but of course you can order in any wood/leather combo you like.

I am 5'5" tall and my feet are firmly on the floor; I can't see 5'2" being a problem. We highly recommend this rocker for comfort and looks!!!