Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HM Sundance Sofa

Sheriink Guest

Default HM Sundance Sofa

Hi Duane,
    Huge fan of your site and your depth of knowledge is refreshing. My husband and I found the perfect sofa that works for both of of us as we have a considerable height differential. Sundance (4716) is a beautiful piece of furniture and will work well in our barn. Our choice of colors are the deep browns or reds. Do you have any in stock? I have to be in DC for business next week and would like to make a visit to your showroom.
    Sheri

Default Re: HM Sundance Sofa

Hi Sheri,

Thanks!

I don't have a Sundance in stock in my store at the moment, but if you need one quickly we can get one built in about 30 days.......
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sheriink Guest

Can you let me know when the sample rings are available next? I could pick out a few colors and ask specific questions. Our home is a restored barn and think the Sundance would look superb here. Still trying to figure out between the sofa or loveseat sectional.
    Thanks, Sheri

PM "crunchysue' here on the forum. When she's done with them Sheri, you can have them next!
    Duane Collie

Sheriink Guest

Hi Duane, Crunchy Sue mailed the leather samples which I should receive tomorrow. I was wondering if you and fellow readers can give me some feedback on the Sundance (4716) with Portfolio Claret with a mahogany distressed. Since all of the fixtures in my house are oil rubbed bronze, the nail heads would look cool. Thoughts? Thanks.

crunchysue Guest

I suspect once you see/feel/smell all the leathers, you won't be interested in Portfolio any more.

hglaber Guest

The advantage of Portfolio is, I think that's the Sundance T&C cover. On a sectional, that's probably a good chunk of money. I have a Sadler in it, and it is fine. Pretty nice even. I had no intention of getting the Sadler in T&C until I got a sample of Portfolio and said "Hmm... not bad!"

However, just as Duane predicted, having the other chair in an unprotected, pull-up leather, had I to do it again, for the savings on a recliner I probably would get something else (unprotected, with more character) and pay the money. But for a large sectional, that savings would be something to think about. Portfolio is no Capri, but it's not Document either.

I guess the bottom line is, if the question is "I really like XXX leather and I can swing it, but should I save the money and get Portfolio?" I would say go for the one you want instead. If it's "I love the Sundance sectional, but if I don't get T&C then I can't afford it" then I would have no problem saying go for it in Portfolio.

Correct, Portfolio Claret is the leather on the Sundance in Town and Country and its a huge savings. The Red color makes up very nice (Claret), the brown not as vibrant and a little bland (Portfolio Tobacco). I would own it. I think the T&C cover has a nice mix of performance and price and its MUCH nicer than that nasty old Document I despise. LOL.

it's always a tough call on price vs the ideal leather, but to give you an idea - the Sundance in Portfolio Claret is $ 743 less than in a regular grade 2 hide off the main handles. That's significant!
    Duane Collie

Sheriink Guest

I don't have the room layout for the sectional so I'll have to go with the Sundance sofa. I'm scheduled to receive the leather samples tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have a blast this weekend and also be overwhelmed! We currently have a dark leather sofa that has failed. We have a few Sticks pieces and a dark wicker chair with ottoman. Attached are some pics of the room so check it out and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Living room.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	4455

Sheriink Guest

My husband and I have decided on the Sundance sofa (4716) but we're stuck on the leather choices. Any feedback and/or suggestions are appreciated. We have two small dogs who have access to every piece of furniture but they've never ruined anything. Nail heads will be either: R, large Truscan or SS, large Gunsmoke. The leather choices are:
    Portfolio Claret, II
    Hanson Claret, II
    Dream Claret, II
    Weston Burgundy, III
    Cameo Merlot, III
    We would also like to change out the feet to same as those on Campaign sofa in catalog. Not sure what stain for the feet yet. Looking forward to hearing thoughts. Thanks.