Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HM Sundance Sofa

James Guest

Default Re: HM Sundance Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriink View Post
    My husband and I have decided on the Sundance sofa (4716) but we're stuck on the leather choices. Any feedback and/or suggestions are appreciated. We have two small dogs who have access to every piece of furniture but they've never ruined anything. Nail heads will be either: R, large Truscan or SS, large Gunsmoke. The leather choices are:
    Portfolio Claret, II
    Hanson Claret, II
    Dream Claret, II
    Weston Burgundy, III
    Cameo Merlot, III
    We would also like to change out the feet to same as those on Campaign sofa in catalog. Not sure what stain for the feet yet. Looking forward to hearing thoughts. Thanks.
    If you are worried about the dogs go with Equestrian

Sheriink Guest

Thanks, but the doggies are not a worry. Now we're narrowed down to Dream or Portfolio Claret. Thoughts?

If you have the sample leathers, you'd probably know better because I don't have samples of these colors - but the Dream looks more burgundy/wine in tone and the Portfolio is a lot brighter. In such a large piece, would you rather have a splash of bright red or slightly darker brick/wine? The grain on those two looks similar from the online pics I can see, but that doesn't really say much compared to real life! If you love the bright red color on the stock photo of the Sundance (http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1761), go for it! I think it's fun and red is always classic.

Personal opinion, I like the feet on the pic linked above. I think the shape complements the curves on the sofa well.
    Last edited by DCGator631; 03-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.

artielange Guest

The Portfolio Claret offers the benefit of being in the Town and Country program, and there are a lot of opportunities to see that leather on the Sundance, both in person and in pictures. It is often stocked by dealers.

Sheriink Guest

Good morning Duane,

Now you're keeping my hours! We have decided to take your advise and order the Portfolio Claret in the Sundance--we will also go with the legs you suggested. I do want an oil rubbed bronze nail head. Can I make an appointment to speak with you today by phone?

Sheriink Guest

I had the pleasure of speaking with Duane a few hours ago and ordered the Sundance sofa. His depth of knowledge, outgoing personality and explanations on every aspect of purchasing the sofa, from leather types to nail heads to stain color on the legs. Wow, what a nice way to do business. I think he might have spoiled me.

We ended up with the 4716 Sundance in Portfolio Claret with R & S nailheads and mahogany distressed legs. It should be beautiful. I have the leather samples so please PM me.
    Sheriink

Daisymarie18 Guest

I had the pleasure of speaking with Duane a few hours ago and ordered the Sundance sofa. His depth of knowledge, outgoing personality and explanations on every aspect of purchasing the sofa, from leather types to nail heads to stain color on the legs. Wow, what a nice way to do business. I think he might have spoiled me.

We ended up with the 4716 Sundance in Portfolio Claret with R & S nailheads and mahogany distressed legs. It should be beautiful. I have the leather samples so please PM me.
    Sheriink
    I'm usually not a fan of the pebbly type textured leathers, but I recently saw this exact sofa in the store and I was VERY impressed with how nice it looked in Portfolio Claret! You will be very happy with your choice!

Sheriink
    Thank you for your order! You made the right choice - you can't beat the price of that unit in Town and Country, and its I honestly think its one of the best price/value items H&M offers. It looks classy and sassy, you'll see when it shows up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sheriink Guest

Friday, May 31st is our scheduled delivery date. Can't wait too see how the Sundance came out!

Damask Guest

Hi Sheriink, I'm about to order Sundance in Portfolio Claret too... DH is still not 100% convinced about choosing reds over browns for our family room but I think on the Sundance the Claret really looks unique... If you received yours, would you please be so kind and share some photos? I was also wondering which cores you ordered and how do you like them? I'm struggling between Standard and Ultra Down... Thank you in advance!