Thread: Question (FurnitureOrdering.com and West Express Inc)

travler Guest

Default Question (FurnitureOrdering.com and West Express Inc)

Hello -

I previously placed an order with the Keeping Room and was very satisfied - Duane and Sun Delivery exceeded my expectations -

I am now looking to order a Durham bedroom set (Soma) and I'm working with Furniture Ordering Direct - (www.furnitureordering.com) -

I would like to know if anyone has experience with them or their delivery company, West Express -

As always, your feedback is appreciated -

Thank you -
    Jason

Default Re: Question (FurnitureOrdering.com and West Express Inc)

There are a number of threads discussing West Express. Duane used them for a while, but posted a while back that he's choosing to use only Sun Delivery Service for white glove delivery. If you search the forum you'll find a few customer experiences described.

Sun Delivery is the most costly of all the White Glove Delivery Services - they are also the best at what they do. They are professional, polite, have the best delivery times, and never let either myself or a customer of mine hanging if something goes wrong. While not perfect, they run their business like I run my business.

I have tried many of the other White Glove Delivery companies. West Express, Alpha&Omega, Home Furniture Delivery....the list goes on and on. In every case, they do a decent job for less money, until there is a problem. Then you can't find anyone wanting to take responsibility and fix the issue to the customer's satisfaction. And to me, that is simply not tolerable. Their business practices reflect upon my business as well. I have nothing against saving money, we all work hard for it. But there is no value in a service if they won't correct damages, deliver in a timely manner, have surly employees, or show up at 2 a.m in the morning with your furniture. I won't single out West Express but suffice to say I no longer use them after the last incident that went awry a few years ago and caused my customer and myself a lot of frustration.

I think you will be OK with West Express, but be tolerant of delivery times and don't expect to report any damage or touch ups needed after you sign off on the delivery. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I just had a delivery problem where the manufacturer sent the delivery company the wrong order and they delivered two table bottoms instead of one bottom and a glass top to my address in NC. the furniture company is not taking any responsibility for the problem, and their customer service rep was not even apologetic. He is refusing to send the top to my VA address, which is my primary address, even though I told him I won't be back in NC any time soon. Is it unreasonable to expect the furniture company to send the top to VA? I guess it will cost them extra, but I get the feeling that customer good will doesn't mean much to them, because the rep was quite rude.

They sent out the wrong items and refused to take responsibility for that? If I understand this correctly you had the original order delivered to N.C. but now have switched to VA. as the delivery destination? It may cost them a little more, but not much - they should absorb that as it was their mistake. Did you pay by credit card? If so, notify them IN WRITING (letter, not a phone call or an email) that they have a reasonable time to make this right or you will do a chargeback on your card. Keep a copy of the letter.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.