Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 129" Sundance Sectional. Sofa-sofa configuration

fish4life Guest

Default 129" Sundance Sectional. Sofa-sofa configuration

Duane,

Spoke to you on the phone today but thought I would put this on the forum as well to get some more ideas.

The current sectional from Thomasville measures approx 120" both ways. Pics attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	4409   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	590 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	4410   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	540 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	4411   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	610 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	4412   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	618 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	4413  

fish4life Guest

Default Re: 129" Sundance Sectional. Sofa-sofa configuration

Leathers I picked:
    Aspen Saddle
    Buckingham Walnut Burnished
    Cameo Carmel Burnished
    Capri Harness
    Imperial Whiskey Burnished
    Luggage Russett
    Tuscany Saddle
    Weston Cane Burnished
    Weston Sunrise Burnished

What my wife picked:

Document harness
    Document tobacco
    Document saddle
    Aspen saddle
    Aspen tobacco
    Buckingham walnut burnished unprotected
    Document chino
    Document bark
    Williamsburg harness

artielange Guest

As someone who's first two H&M pieces are made of Document, my advice is Don't Do It!!! When I originally bought my September Sofa and Loveseat in Document Copper, it was done strictly for budgetary reasons due to the Town and Country program that utilized these leathers. Since then I have had more than ten other H&M pieces made, all in leathers much more satisfying and luxurious than the painted, fake looking surface of the Document. If you search these forums, you will find lots of information on the process the Chinese use to make the Document, which is so much different than the German Weston hides and some of the others. I'd not buy Document again, for sure.

crunchysue Guest

Are you and your wife choosing based on seeing/feeling the leathers, or just on website pictures? I have all the samples at my house right now, and I concur with artielange - Document is awful. Why go to the trouble of having a superior sofa/chair handmade for you in Hickory, NC, then cover it with a cheap Chinese leather? We're here to help you avoid that mistake. Weston is often on sale (i.e. in the Town & Country Program), and it is soooo much nicer. And if you're not going for something from the T&C, then there are other Grade II leathers that are also much nicer.

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...r-Descriptions

So ... what exactly is it that you want opinions about? Leathers? The Sundance? Room layout? Colors? We could probably be more helpful if you could be more specific.

Cheers!
    Sue

fish4life Guest

Thanks. We'll stay away from the document leathers. I let my wife know to try and sick with grade II leathers while she was looking. Duane is sending me samples of the ones I picked and we will go from there. We have the hardest time picking any type of color so I was hoping for some suggestions there. We've always had sectionals so we are pretty near sighted when it comes to doing anything else but are open to suggestions. The sectional in the room now is heading to the basement once it is finished.

artielange Guest

My color advice is don't be afraid of it. There is so much more available than browns and tans. I see you have Weston Sunrise Burnished on your list. I have two Weston Sunrise chairs that are the perfect pop of color in my room. The mossy greens, the golds...there are some beautiful choices.

crunchysue Guest

Looks like you have tan walls and dark brown floors. In that case, I'd go with something lighter than your current couch. Weston Sunrise Burnished sounds like an excellent idea. Also, my personal favorites, Weston Moss and Tiburon Butternut. Or maybe a dark green like Sedona Moss, which is dark but will develop beautiful lighter streaks with use. How about Equestrian Saddle or Garfield Fawn? Everything I mentioned has a really nice hand to it.

PS Nice fish!

Daisymarie18 Guest

I agree with the above! I have a Sundance sectional in Hand Antiqued Saddle...the curves and detailing are amazing, it deserves a fabulous leather! I love a burnished hide on it

Here's the way I look at it....

These pieces will last a LONG time. You'll probably own three or four different cars before you send a Hancock & Moore Sundance Sectional out to pasture. Therefore, its important to get a hide you really like first and foremost, you'll be looking at it for 25 to 30 years. Yes, I know the nice leathers cost more and you have to pay for it up front, but believe me when I tell you I have never had a customer say to me "I wish I would have bought the low grade hide and saved the money". That has never happened in thousands of sales.

My very first piece of Hancock and Moore I personally own is a 1021 Woodbridge Recliner I bought in 1987 in whatever Chinese promotional leather was offered at the time. Its now 26 years old and we use it every day. Its in too good a shape to get rid of it and yet every day I have to look at that awful leather....lol. Back then we had just started carrying leather furniture in the store and I didn't know any better. I've learned a lot about hides in the past quarter century.

Having said that, don't ever go over budget to where its a financial strain in the higher grades. You will get good service duty out of the less costly leathers and its not worth going into hock to get the better leathers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

I have a Sundance sectional in Weston Sand ON THE WAY to my living room, at long last! I will post pictures after it arrives.