Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoothies

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Smoothies

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    Be careful with smoothies from ice cream or other fast food places -- they are usually full of lackluster ingredients and way heavy on the calories. Always avoid artificial sweeteners if they are using those to make it "light." Blue Diamond Almond/Coconut blend is great - get the sweetened one at first, then take yourself down to unsweetened. You can get it in the refrigerated milk coolers (regular almond milk can also be found on the store shelves at room temperature). Look in the health section.
    Check out the new book by Rachel Beller, Eat to Lose, Eat to Win: http://www.bellernutritionalinstitute.com/. It's refreshingly simple and if you will follow her recipes (basically, BOOST the veggies!) you will notice a difference and feel better. She even includes smoothie recipes, but my own favorite recipe is: almond/coconut milk with oats, soy nut butter, honey and frozen banana. Yummy breakfast to fuel you!

In the produce aisle, you can grab a box of organic "power greens" (salad) and find a smoothie recipe right there on the package. You dump the greens in the blender and add a green apple, lemon juice, and not much else, to make a terrifying looking drink that is super healthy. We eat all of these things...my husband loses 5 lbs. and I don't lose anything. Go figure!

On a side note, Daisymarie and I are in the same location - small world =)

I figured you must be close since we frequent the same Louis Shanks, and with the name Bevogal I can assume where your collegiate loyalties lie I went up to the new Trader Joes in the Woodlands last week...I was impressed with all of the healthy food options they had! And everything I got actually tasted good, too! And of course had to stop at Lauries in Tomball on the way home to once again play in the H&M leather handles...it's a sickness, I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I like blenders but hate cleaning them. So with my daughter suddenly into smoothies, I make them with an immersion blender (and crushed ice).
    They are so easy to clean. Fill halfway with water, put in two drops of dish soap - put the lid on it and stick it on HIGH for 15 seconds then dump and rinse - you're done!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I figured you must be close since we frequent the same Louis Shanks, and with the name Bevogal I can assume where your collegiate loyalties lie I went up to the new Trader Joes in the Woodlands last week...I was impressed with all of the healthy food options they had! And everything I got actually tasted good, too! And of course had to stop at Lauries in Tomball on the way home to once again play in the H&M leather handles...it's a sickness, I tell ya!
    RE: "BevoGal," Hook 'em, indeed I love Trader Joes, but not that treck to the Woodlands. Good news - they are opening a Whole Foods at 249 and Louetta so we will finally have one somewhere close by. And there's one open in Katy that will be easy to access when the Grand Parkway connects to 290. Very excited about easier access to the organic stores! I forgot they opened a Trader Joe's in town, and I was probably close to it today (bummer). I'm going to need to check out Laurie's in Tomball, especially if there is Hancock & Moore there...sounds fun!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    RE: "BevoGal," Hook 'em, indeed I love Trader Joes, but not that treck to the Woodlands. Good news - they are opening a Whole Foods at 249 and Louetta so we will finally have one somewhere close by. And there's one open in Katy that will be easy to access when the Grand Parkway connects to 290. Very excited about easier access to the organic stores! I forgot they opened a Trader Joe's in town, and I was probably close to it today (bummer). I'm going to need to check out Laurie's in Tomball, especially if there is Hancock & Moore there...sounds fun!
    Yeah, that Grand Parkway is going up pretty much in my backyard...it's going to be way too convenient for me to get around to all these fun new stores! Lauries is so much fun, and her prices are pretty decent too