Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Chance for Tiburon Butternut!

crunchysue Guest

Default Last Chance for Tiburon Butternut!

I just got off the phone with Duane and here's the update on Tiburon Butternut:

Tiburon Butternut has been discontinued by H&M due to lack of sales, but the tannery does still produce it.

H&M is willing to bring in one more batch of it, but they are raising it to a Grade 4 and disallowing Cuttings For Approval (no CFA).

This new and last ever batch will arrive at the factory around the end of March, so factor that into your timeline if you want to order it.

artielange Guest

Default Re: Last Chance for Tiburon Butternut!

Funny, when I bought my original Tiburon and Weston, they were both Grade 2 leathers. I agree with Duane that if faced with paying the Grade 4 pricing, there are other leathers that are better.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Grade 4?????? That's a dealbreaker for me

crunchysue Guest

On the one hand, I'm annoyed at the sudden unexpected price increase; on the other hand, I can see why they'd do it, and I very much appreciate Duane going to bat for us and figuring out how to get some Tiburon Butternut. For me, paying the extra money is better than settling for a leather that I don't love as much. Even if Duane thinks I'm crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It's not being phased out - its already gone....

artielange Guest

I ended up with the Capri Plateau on my sofa in the same way. Duane and I chose Ryan Basil, a lovely Class 2 leather, then when he called H&M to check on the availability of our selections, he discovered that Ryan Basil had been discontinued. The only two similar colors on the handles were the Capri Plateau and some shade of Document!

I'm glad that there is a solution for you, Crunchysue. As a once in a lifetime purchase, your custom sofa will be very special.

crunchysue Guest

I'm curious to know if H&M has discontinued all the Tiburons or just the Butternut. And I'm also curious to know if the NC341-1 Hadley Chair that's part of the current Town & Country program in Tiburon Butternut has been removed from the T&C.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    I'm curious to know if H&M has discontinued all the Tiburons or just the Butternut. And I'm also curious to know if the NC341-1 Hadley Chair that's part of the current Town & Country program in Tiburon Butternut has been removed from the T&C.
    I'm curious as well! That Hadley chair was on my list...but the Abby ended up being less expensive, and it has a pocket! Lol

crunchysue Guest

You know, Duane still has that one Abby chair in his store ... (if DCGator hasn't snagged it)
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...7893#post17893

I was considering it until I saw that it's seat height is 21" - too tall for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I'm curious as well! That Hadley chair was on my list...but the Abby ended up being less expensive, and it has a pocket! Lol

haha, no, I have not!! I like the Abby chair a lot, but was asking about it because I really want to see the Cameo Carmel Burnished in person and am hoping to get to Duane's store early next week. I actually love the Rhodes chair and am contemplating that one down the road as an accent piece.

crunchysue Guest

Rhodes and Abby are both really cool looking chairs; you need them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCGator631 View Post
    haha, no, I have not!! I like the Abby chair a lot, but was asking about it because I really want to see the Cameo Carmel Burnished in person and am hoping to get to Duane's store early next week. I actually love the Rhodes chair and am contemplating that one down the road as an accent piece.